Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Exposure Joystick or Axis
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

I have looked at the comparison pictures on the USE website, but I can’t see any difference in the beam despite the supposed difference in lumens. Why buy the Axis over the Joystick?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Anyone?

cheers_drive

I bought the axis as it has a spottier beam that the joystick which has become more floody. The suits me as I use it for road and helmet

sweaman2
    Free Member

Doesn’t the axis have TAP? If so I have a Diablo with TAP and I really like it. Dim the beam when regrouping etc or just riding up hill and then no frantic fumbling as you head off down and realize you’re still on low beam.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have a lovely bright Genesis Olympia which I had been using on my helmet, but I’m going to move that to the bars, so I have the floody side of things covered. Does the TAP work well then?

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’d say yes the TAP works well. I was worried about cold temperatures (I’m in Canada) but I had it out at -18C last week and it was still going just fine.

I’ve only had the light for a couple of months though so can’t comment on durability.

imnotverygood

I have both. The axis mk2 is definitely slightly ‘floodier’ than the Joystick mk10. Not a lot in it in reality.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve not seen the newer Joystick but i’ve had old ones, so I can’t compare but….
    I’ve had an Axis for about a year and I’m very pleased with it. TAP technology works very well (Turn it off if you bar mount though!) and the programmable modes are very handy too. I have mine set on programme 4 which is two brightness settings with 1.5 or 3 hours burn respectively and I switch between the two. on a 2hr+ night ride the battery level was showing orange who I hot home last night, so plenty of power left.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks.

benp1

I’ve been using the TAP function on my Diablo and it works brilliantly. I haven’t needed huge lighting for my recent rides so have been using the 3/10 function, but it’s so easy to switch between the settings with a quick TAP

I thought the jump from the axis to the diablo seemed more worth it than the jump from the diablo to the equinox

What are you using it for?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Trails, in the woods, that sort of thing.

rondo101
    Free Member

I bought the axis as it has a spottier beam that the joystick which has become more floody. The suits me as I use it for road and helmet

Other way round, surely?

The lens on my Axis is diffused which gives a flooded light pattern. I thought joysticks were the spotty ones?

hughjengin
    Free Member

I gave up with the TAP function on my new Diablo, tried the least sensitive setting and still it changed modes on its own mid rough section. Brilliant light though, just resigned to using old school style with the button to switch modes

thegreatape
    Free Member

Think I’ll get a joystick for her and an axis for me. I shall justify this on the basis that she won’t get on with the tap function 🙂

iainc

Current Joystick is more floody than a few models back. I have one, actually about the 4th one I’ve had as tend to sell on and buy new model every second year. AFAIK the Axis is a bit spottier and a bit brighter on full, and a smidge heavier. Mine is coupled with current MaxxD on bars and is ideal for my needs – local, natural, tight, techy stuff.

thegreatape
    Free Member

We’ve both got fairly decent bar lights, and she’s been using my old – Mk3 or 4 – Joystick, but it’s weak these days. I know the battery can be replaced but it’s still only about 200 lumens, so the new ones should be good.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Joystick or Axis’ is closed to new replies.