• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Exposure Helmet mount for DX P7 and MCE 18650 torches on helmet?
  • benz
    Free Member

Anyone done this?

Ok, zip-ties work just fine, but curious….

Note that Diablo one of the models it should work with, so…..

GW
    Free Member

3m dual lock (industrial velcro) on the flat part of the torch (where the logo is) and on ther helmet (no central vent) and a velcro cable tidy (IKEA) round it holds mine v. securely

the heavier the light (on your helmet) the lower down you want it. 😉

Luminous
    Free Member

Think it was Toons that had a good set-up using an Exposure helmet mount.

bigjim

The exposure bar mount works well too, if you put it going back towards you and clip into the rear of the light. At £25 its nearly the price of the light itself though and isn’t very crash proof, there is a tiny steel pin in the hinge that snaps if hit. For £10 they also sell you a zip tie and little plastic clip to fit on the bar, but it struggles with a joystick so wouldn’t work with a P7 torch I don’t think.

toons
    Free Member

The exposure helmet mount is excellent.

900 Lumen by james_ferguson, on Flickr

GW
    Free Member

that looks pretty ropey/wobbly for £25 😕

bigbob38
    Free Member

I do it… but it needs a bit of tape to stop it popping out.. not quite ideal!

pplum
    Free Member

3m dual lock (industrial velcro) on the flat part of the torch (where the logo is)

GW, are you using the standard or low profile dual lock?

stevemorg2

I’m running a Solarforce torch with an XPG drop-in mounted with a joystick mount – very secure and unlike velcro straps easy to move the angle of the torch

GW
    Free Member

pplum – had no idea there was a low profile version so must be standard I suppose.
    I did have a thick O ring round the front of the torch too to adjust vertical angle (by sliding along the torch body) but know exactly where to stick the torch now so it’s simply not needed anymore. talking of which, Toons torch looks like it’ll be pointing far too close infront of his wheel ^^

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Helmet mount for DX P7 and MCE 18650 torches on helmet?’ is closed to new replies.