Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Exposure Diablo – thoughts?
  • prezet
    Free Member

Does anyone use one of these? I’ve found a pretty good offer, and my old Hope Vision 4 is starting to get a little tired…

The exposure has a brighter lumens capacity. I’d be mainly using it on my road bike bars for the commute in winter, and possibly as a helmet light for the odd evenings biking in the woods.

jimjam
    Free Member

I have nothing but praise for mine. Diablo MKII, still going strong. Zero issues.

mintimperial

Yep, I’ve got a Mk3. Cracking light for precisely what you’re talking about.

llama

Fine for the road

Not massive amount of spread so not ideal for off road by itself, but not too bad. With a vision 4 too it works well. Had a vision 4 but it is now past it so have been using just a diablo ‘temporarily’ for the last 4 months.

njee20
    Free Member

Got the current one, it’s good. Run time isn’t great on ‘full’ brightness, but I commuted a good chunk of winter with it on not full, forget how bright it was though!

SirHC

The only issue of using it for riding on the road is the lack of side visability. So would look at a second light for that purpose.

I have both a diablo (mounted on helmet) and a Maxx-D on the bars, have used just the diablo and there is more than enough light. Although having bar & helmet is the perfect setup for offroad riding at night.

prezet
    Free Member

Thanks. I guess I could continue to use the Vision 4 as a bar mounted light for the off-road riding.

digga
    Free Member

Use mine as 2nd light (main is bar-mounted Hope r4), up top of helmet and it’s really good.

Very strong too. Forgot to allow clearance for light last night and hit a low-hanging branch hard enough to knock light off, ‘dislocate’ the clip from its ball-joint and even chip bark on branch. Everthing went back together and worked fine.

momo

I’ve got the latest one, partner it with a Maxx-D on the bars offroad and did use it on the bars for winter commuting, good light, run time is short on full power (I ran it on a medium setting most of the time and used the TAP function to power it up for DH bits) I will probably pick up the extension cell battery before next winter.

cubicboy
    Free Member

I have a Mk4 (I think) and it’s a very good, reliable light. I commute every day and do a road night ride every week. If used on the mid setting, it will last the duration of a 3hr ride and for me is plenty bright enough. I have used it as a helmet-mounted light for MTB and used in conjunction with a bar ligh works really well. I agree that for commuting (for which it’s great) there is no sideways visibility; for that reason, I use a smaller bar-mounted light in conjunction. Summing-up. a strong product.

leftyboy
    Free Member

I also have both a Diablo (mounted on helmet) and a Maxx-D on the bars, excellent combination. Only issue is run time on the Diablo but I have a spare battery so gives it ~ 2 hours on full power but I mostly run it (and the Maxx-D) on the 2nd brightest setting only flicking to full power for fast descents or woody singletrack. HTH

purbeckian
    Free Member

Yup, love mine, but find a spare battery is essential for winter road rides as battery life on full is too short but on medium or low it’s not bright enough for dark country lanes. Great helmet light for MTB or for taking along on early evening rides as a “just in case” light.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

As above really – too bright in higher settings for road use IMHO (you’ll get cars flashing you!) and runtime is c. 1hr at max. Very bright and handy light for offroad use, just remember to turn it down when climbing/chatting to extend the runtime.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Diablo – thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.