Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Exposure chargers – how hot does yours get ?
  • iainc

New Maxx D arrived this morning, plugged it in to charge. Within an hour the wall plug was waaay hot, almost scary hot.

Anyway, phoned Exposure and sending charger back to them today, and I can use the usb plug for now, so no great shakes. I’ve never noticed this with my Joystick charger, and can’t check as it’s at home and I’m at work.

So dodgy charger or normal ?

BTW – the new Maxx D light looks pretty awesome in it’s 1285 lumen glory !

tablesalt
    Free Member

not very warm for me.

RealMan
    Free Member

Gets a bit warm, nothing I wouldn’t expect or worry about. However, mine clicks. Loads. Sounds like a transistor rapidly turning on and off, but really loud. Dies down after a few minutes and eventually goes quiet.

rootes1

my exposure CR123 battery charger for spark/flash etc blew up…

the replacement was a different snide version… not blown up yet..

chargers do seem a bit cheap.

iainc

ach well, looks like I maybe got a dodgy one – new one on the way soon hopefully.

iainc

well, I charged the new light up last night with my Joystick charger and it didn’t get warm at all, so must be a faulty new charger….

also had a play with the new Maxx D in the back garden – wow, what an impressive light – hopefully get out tomorrow night to use for real 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Exposure chargers – how hot does yours get ?’ is closed to new replies.