Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Exposed fork stantion question
  • rhayter

Howdo. Just bought a pair of 2016 Fox 34s from the lovely chaps at Winstanley.

I ordered 140mm travel. And that’s what the packing form says. But on the box, there are 2 labels. One says 150mm and the other 140mm.

PANIC!

So I’ve measured the stantion and it’s about 147mm. Am I safe to assume that these are indeed 140mm forks?

(I tried calling Winstanley and got stuck on hold for ages. I know the STW hive mind will be quicker.)

Thanks.

coppice
    Free Member

Take the air out, compress them and re-measure?

strike
    Free Member

http://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&ref=footer

Under ‘Search for your product info’ enter the 4digit code from your forx and this will tell you what config. your forx are.

rhayter

Ah! Thanks strike. Done that. Says 150mm. I better phone Winstanleys then…

matt_outandabout

Aye, you have been short changed by 3mm…

nickjb
    Free Member

Aye, you have been short changed by 3mm..

No, 7mm extra free

ndthornton
    Free Member

tape measure needs calibrating?

rhayter

Just got off the phone to the helpful Angela at Winstanleys. Apparently, Mojo alter travel occasionally to fulfil dealer orders more promptly. It’s them that dropped these forks to 140. End of panic.

woodster

Sounds like 140 to me. Maybe they had a set of 150 in stock and just popped in a spacer since I believe that’s the only difference from the factory. I recently bought a s t of MRP Stage where they’ had a spacer removed to turn them into the 150s I wanted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Exposed fork stantion question’ is closed to new replies.