Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Experiences with Wiggle? My brand new bike arived today…brake pulls to the bar
  • BurnBob
    Free Member

Just accept that the brake will need bled. My Avids need bled if my bike is stored upside down or on its side. You can not expect to get a new bike in the post in a box that will not need bled, unless it has ‘This way up’ stickers.

Not sure how you think this is going to be resolved given your refusal to use an LBS, refusal to send it back and reluctance to buy a bleed kit.

Gachet
    Free Member

I’m waiting for the Lyrik 2-step problems thread on Christmas day….

poppa
    Free Member

If this happened to me I would go on a shooting rampage.

mattbee

I’m pretty good friends with a few of the mechanics at Wiggle, all of whom are put through Cytech up to level 3 by Wiggle. I doubt they knowingly sent a dodgy brake out, but knowing what Wiggle are like they’ll try and sort it quickly and smoothly. Just remember how close to Christmas we are and how big their build queue is at the moment, they may be a teeny bit slower than normal!

Coyote
    Free Member

Push for a free bleed kit and an extra bottle of fuid. It’ll be a much cheaper solution for everybody than sending the bike back.

Also as you are using Avid brakes you will get *plenty* use out of a bleed kit.

wwaswas

If this happened to me I would go on a shooting rampage.

I wouldn’t tweet that if I were you 🙁

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Well, cheers to those who got the point in the thread and not so much for those useless posts that didn’t offer any constructive input at all.

I stress, the point again…The idea was to see what experiences had with wiggle. Not to have a rant or a moan. Things happen, as long as the shop are good at sorting it then no worries!

I have no problem with sending the brake back as i said several times…Not sure where someone got that idea from.

Anyway, all sorted. Wiggle were fantastic and have said to whip the brake off and they will sort it or give me a new one. EXACTLY WHAT I SAID I HOPED FOR IN THE FIRST POST!

Wiggle seem great.

Thanks

bassspine
    Free Member

Also as you are using Avid brakes you will get *plenty* use out of a bleed kit.

Indeed. My juicy7s have needed bleeding once, about three weeks ago, since I got them in 2006.

BurnBob
    Free Member

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news…. but it will need bleed when it arrives again due to being upside down and jiggled about in the post.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Do slopestyle riders need to bleed their bikes ‘post run’ then, after a backflip? 🙄

Glad the problem was sorted – I’ve always found both Wiggle and CRC very helpful and pretty quick to reply.

thomthumb
    Free Member

23 hours. not bad.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I have to say that my bike spent a lot of times upside down or on thier side (on uplifts/gondalas) and never needed a bleed very often at all!

My last juicy 7’s were the first non-split clamp ones (also 2006) I believe and bled them just before selling them a few months ago. Never had a problem except the sticky lever problem.

Cheers lads

foxyrider
    Free Member

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news…. but it will need bleed when it arrives again due to being upside down and jiggled about in the post.

Sorry don’t agree – As Yeti says should be fine 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

I stress, the point again…The idea was to see what experiences had with wiggle. Not to have a rant or a moan.

Well maybe you should think more before you type then, as it read to me, and obviously others too, like a nasty unjustified rant.
    Grow up.
    EDIT: It was your 2nd and 4th posts which were the problem after you weren’t getting the answers you wanted.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Robdob: who’s writing responses to a thread that clearly displays a distinct lack of maturity? You go up.

Maybe pinkbike is more your thing? Generally people here are just into discussing bikes and offering advice. Not personal comments on other people.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆 Hahahaha….this is the way the threads seem to go these days Jay…don’t worry and don’t rise to it – you probably know more about the maintenance and servicing on bikes than ‘most’ on here!

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

^^ tell me about it! Drives me nuts though, ruins it for everyone else. I’m back to SDH, seem to keep it focussed on the cycling on there.

PeteG55
    Free Member

YETIboyJAY
    It shouldn’t matter. And if my LBS had bikes at 50% off then maybe i would consider it. But they don’t the fact is they still have frames from years ago at top dollar!

See the problem is your LBS is probably quite a small shop and doesn’t enjoy the same margins as the likes of Wiggle and CRC. I work for one such shop and unlike the big chains/online retailers, we just can not afford to lop huge chunks off the RRP at the end of the season or we’d end up out of pocket. If we did, we wouldn’t be there when you need that brake cable at 12:30pm Saturday lunchtime.
    Oh and I can’t vouch for your LBS, but we do fully PDI every bike, they only leave the shop fully assembled and you get a free 6 week service/checkup.
    I understand you want to get the most for your money, but thats the way the trade is. I’d also say if you have so little faith in your local shops, tell them. The small guys can’t afford to ignore customers and will probably appreciate a bit of feedback.

Northwind

mamadirt – Member

“Do slopestyle riders need to bleed their bikes ‘post run’ then, after a backflip?”

If they backflip for a few hours, they might, aye. Ideally what you want is no air at all in the reservoir but that’s easily said than done with some brakes, and if there’s even a wee bubble it can get into the pressurised side of the system. Just a fact of life really. A perfect bleed will prevent it but they’re not easy to come by.

bellerophon
    Free Member

^ They are if you do ’em once a month.

billyboy
    Free Member

Point One……….it’s an avid OE brake.

Point Two……… it’s a mail order company run by merchant bankers…spelt with a “b” to save confusion.

What were you expecting?

BurnBob
    Free Member

“YETIboyJAY – Member
    Generally people here are just into discussing bikes and offering advice. Not personal comments on other people.”

What??? keep up at the back!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I ordered a bike jacket at 9.33pm on Monday, it is now 23.26pm on Wednestday and it STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED, I am extremely dissapointed with this lack of service from Wiggle, who have always delivered within a day or 2. They said it was in stock, so WHERE’S MY **** JACKET?. I haven’t even got an e-mail off them to say they have sent it. I want to ride my bike at 8.47 in the morning. If It’s not here, or I don’t get an email I am going to be seriously stressed and I may spill milk when having my Granola in the morning. I’m literally shaking whilst typing this.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Experiences with Wiggle? My brand new bike arived today…brake pulls to the bar’ is closed to new replies.