Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Experiences of On One and Planet X carbon CX frames/bikes
  • RoterStern
    Free Member

Anybody got one of either of these frames? Just wondering why there is a 200 note difference in the price. I am in the market for a new CX frame with discs to put together for next season.

RoterStern
    Free Member

No one?

singlesteed
    Free Member

Pick up the phone and ask them, they’ll likely know exactly why this is the case!

mooman
    Free Member

Not seen the On-One. But the PlanetX is a heavy old frame for carbon.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey, since when’s the dirty disco been that much more than the XLS? Their pricing does seem fairly random though, give it a month or two and it’ll probably be the other way around.

ndubya
    Free Member

I’ve got an xls it’s alright I don’t know what the
    Frame weight is done some big rides on it. Took it down
    Cumberland cough did 3 peaks on it still going strong

singlesteed
    Free Member

Both brand carbon frames are good and great vfm

What’s the fuss, you pays your money for your choice!

BadlyWiredDog

Bought a Dirty Disco frame and fork from Planet X on eBay for 400 quid a few months back whlle they were still selling them for 600 quid on the On One website and quoting 800 quid as the original price. At 400 quid I thought it was a bit of a bargain and it rides very nicely, built to 20lb weighed all in with disc brakes and Crest 29ers. They now £800 again. What does it all mean? I have no idea whatsoever. But if I had a budget of 800 quid for a Planet On-One cross frame, I’d buy a Pickenflick, which used to be 1100 quid or something.

Mildly baffled… 🙄

Edit: at that price you’d simply buy the full bike build, wouldn’t you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Experiences of On One and Planet X carbon CX frames/bikes’ is closed to new replies.