Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • expensive weekends? (another poss turbo thread)
  • jag61

Had to get towed off M62 this afternoon 🙁 clio fault ‘check injectors’AA guy put computer on fault 2263 turbo charger boost system performance. Had to upgrade to Relay to get home without faffing about youngest daughter with me £118 .31
    Repairs £?????
    Tell me its nothing please or failing that what has/could have happened
    Thanks

stumpy01

What were the symptoms?
    An error relating to boost pressure could just be a split hose.

jag61

Hi Stumpy
    driving uphill J21-J22 on M62 all ok then lost most power engine did not cut out got onto shoulder and stopped it . it will restart with no scary noises ,not tried it this morning. Had to top up oils on friday… very low consumption overall
    AA guy looked for hoses said all looked ok( maybe not though) googling reveals little so far poss turbo boost sensor? just off to local garage does all of our mots etc good team
    Thanks John

stumpy01

Doesn’t sound like a specific turbo failure, then. Rather something related to the turbo like a sensor.

I have heard of pin prick holes in pipes that cause issues, so wouldn’t rule that out.

When you rev the engine do you get a load of black smoke out? With the bonnet up, is there any hissing when you rev the engine?
    To me that would indicate a potential hose failure downstream of the turbo.
    Don’t really know much more about it to be honest. Just relaying what I learnt when one of the hoses on my Ibiza failed.

Northwind

With turbos, you can just pop the air intake hose off and have a look inside- does it look knackered, what happens when you poke it with a finger (with the engine off!). That’s not conclusive obviously, it could have failed in a non-obvious way but if it’s failed in an obvious way it’ll be… obvious.

jota180
    Free Member

I had turbo failure on a Renualt a few years back.

Symptoms were a lack of power although once up to speed it was OK ish, no other symptoms at all.
    This was Paris late at night with all the family on-board, it was a company car so I drove it home (500 miles) rather than the hassle of the French version of the AA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘expensive weekends? (another poss turbo thread)’ is closed to new replies.