Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Expansys retailer – anyone ordered/dealt with them?
  • hora
    Free Member

They are by far the cheapest online for a couple of items so I googled more about them and on a few review sites (of late) they are panned as almost Dave Hinesque. Anyone here bought/had any issues with them?

grizedaleforest

Yes – we used to use them a lot for the business. However over the last 18 months we has increasing problems with them. Our biggest complaint was taking orders for stuff they didn’t actually have in stock and then waiting ages for the items to come through (or not). We don’t use them any more. They seemed to go down hill after Peter Jones (Dragon’s Den) bought them!

hora
    Free Member

They are the cheapest for Google Nexus 5 handsets. Google are out of stock themselves and other resellers are +£50. So I bet they are out of stock but building up a pre-order/forward sales to help with turnover?!

Barmy way to do business.

cp

if it says ‘in stock now’ they generally have stock IME. Stuff Ive been looking at turns to ‘pre-order’, ‘unavailable’ or ‘discontinued’ etc… when not actually in stock.

EDIT – fulfilled an order for me eariler in the year no problem. By far the cheapest for a Nexus 10 at the time and it arrived next day.

geoffj

I’ve used them a few times and they’ve always been good, but I’ve not bought anything from them in the past 2 years.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Used several times with no issues, albeit not in the last 12 months. If your concerned, pay on the credit card and let the CC deal with issues if they arise?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Bought a phone from them a couple of years ago, very fast delivery. Didn’t really like it that much, returns processed very easy/fast.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Can’t you call them and ask if they have stock of what you want?

chakaping
    Free Member

Had a couple of phones from them, service been fine.

Can’t you call them and ask if they have stock of what you want?

Yep, they pick up the phone relatively quickly too. And you can ask them if your theory about their business model is correct while yr on Hora.

Murray

Bought a Nexus 5 from them earlier in the year. No problems, but it was EU stock so came with an extra UK adapter. I was happy with that as that’s what it said on their site.

daveh
    Free Member

I’ll sell you a nexus 5 Hora, just swapped to a LG G3.

cp

Bought a Nexus 5 from them earlier in the year. No problems, but it was EU stock so came with an extra UK adapter. I was happy with that as that’s what it said on their site.

that’s the deal with the ones currently on Expansys

hora
    Free Member

Just an update – ordered from Expansys and the phone arrived the next day- all is good 🙂

andytherocketeer

used them several times. always prompt service.
    use them mainly because they’re one of the few that will do UK stock sent to mainland EU even when ordered thru a foreign version of the site. proper UK keyboards on laptops ftw.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Expansys retailer – anyone ordered/dealt with them?’ is closed to new replies.