Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 'Exotic' Carbon Seatpost a bad plan? Worth paying extra for an Easton?
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Would like to replace my layback carbon seatpost (a USE Sumo 400) with an inline one.

I’ve seen a few ‘Exotic’ branded ones (sold by UK shops) for around £40, which seems good for the weight.

However, I’m not familiar with the brand and so am wondering if it’d be wiser to pay an extra £20-£30 (and accept the extra 50g or so) and go for an Easton post instead.

Anyone with any experience of Exotic posts? (gosh, there really is no way of avoiding that sounding suggestive) Is an Easton EA70 or Haven a much safer bet?

Any Experience/horror stories/advice all gratefully received!

alwillis

I have an exotic post on my whippet and it’s been absolutely fine. I guess the best thing about it is that I haven’t ever thought about it until now!

scotroutes

Nowt wrong with them at all. I also have a set of Exotic rigid carbon fork and have no worries.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Got exotic forks, stem and bars and seem pretty good value and pretty well made. Can answer the seatpost thing, but as a supplier they seem good value for money in my eyes.

P20

Another exotic seatpost user. It’s been in my C456 for a couple of years now, no problems. Used their forks before too

benji
    Free Member

I’ve got an EC90 post (setback), and it’s lovely, no creaks and looks stunning, spent the extra over the EC70 to avoid the join, thought it looked ugly. The EC70 inline is the same as the EC90 just with aluminium clamps rather than composite.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Not the response I was expecting, but one I’m very happy with!

Cool, think I’ll grab an exotic one then.

Thanks for your help!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Another +1 for Exotic seat post. Got one on my Lapierre Zesty and its been fine….in fact, its actually been on 2 Lapierre Zesty’s I’ve had; an alloy one and now a carbon one The clamp bolts came loose once but that was cos I hadn’t tightened them enough to begin with.

Good kit, sensible price.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Nice, tis ordered!

Thanks again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘'Exotic' Carbon Seatpost a bad plan? Worth paying extra for an Easton?’ is closed to new replies.