Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • exotic carbon forks – anyone riding some?
  • downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

they seem great value for money but can't find too much on the website describing the DIN standards they are tested to – anyone with any experience of these forks??

druidh
    Free Member

They are exactly the same as the Superstar and White Brothers ones. Try googling for them too.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

My neighbour has some, they are good in fact they look lovely.

scaredypants

I have some and can confirm that I am both good and lovely

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Been using some for nearly 3 years and they perform excellent on road / trails.
    No probs recommending them..!

the_prophet
    Free Member

ive had a pair in the past and can confirm the above opinions of good and look lovely. for the price, cant really go wrong. just make sure you get the right length, as I had a right hoo haa with there "customer care" department over mine.

monkeychild
    Free Member

They are great. I have ridden plenty of black routes on them and have never had a reason to doubt their robustness. Get some they are great value.

Northwind

Not sure about them being the same as those others, they certainly are exactly the same as the Nukeproof ones though.

Haven't used mine as much as I'd like, they're a part-time swap on the Soul and they seem absolutely fine so far. They haven't been hammered but they've taken some reasonable hits no bother.

cheers_drive

I've got some on my 29er and the do what they're supposed to.

showerman
    Free Member

for a bit of balance love the replys "and no i am not up there" although i did attend the uks number 1 plumbing collage.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=555457

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Mine have lasted nicely through the winter so far.
    They arent as light as rc31s and i dont thin kthey absorb shock as well, but for £85 i love my carbons. Im a XC rider and i know it, i dont try and do stupid jumps but ive done the odd small one. I have to say on occasion im a very sloppy rider and basically just crash into/through things (roots, step ups/downs, deer etc) and these forks have shown no sign of even caring.

All in all very happy here 😀

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Apologies for the hijack but I'm deciding on a pair of these at the moment and trying to decide on a carbon or steel steerer….

Carbon is £20 more but a little lighter. Does anyone have any experience of the carbon one or would you not trust your dentistry to a cheap carbon steerer?

Would the carbon steere also add extra 'give'? Probably going to team them with a pair of their carbon bars as well…

Any pointers or opinions greatfully received…

Stan

KINGTUT
    Free Member

All that MTBR thread does is make the OP (of that thread) look like complete tosser, plus 'Cut with a sharp saw', What was the TPI of the blade? you hack away at a carbon steerer with a normal blade no matter how sharp and you are likely to **** the carbon up.

Stan, unless you are a really keen weight weenie or need / want a really light bike for racing then I personally wouldn't bother with a carbon steerer.

Northwind

I went with the alu steerer for simplicity and just because I'm a coward but I've no reason to doubt the carbon one really.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

showerman – Member

for a bit of balance love the replys "and no i am not up there" although i did attend the uks number 1 plumbing collage.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=555457

was that loads of photos of pipe and joints?

angryratio
    Free Member

Are they really any better than a nice set of steel rigids like project 2 or the likes of.

Nice vibration damping, and, rack/mudguard mounts should your perversion dictate the need for those.

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Yes they are! I was using Kona P2's and Pace RC31's before I bought Exotic's and you can instantly feel how much more comfy the Exotic forks are 🙂
    Easily the best rigid forks I've owned.

Few pics

thegerminator
    Free Member

Just had my old rocky mtn vertex rebuilt
    with a set of exotic's, went for alu
    steerer, great forks, great price

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mate had rc31s and now has the nukeproof one (like the exotic). The nukeproof is stiffer/accurate/strong, but not as damping. It's also quite light.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘exotic carbon forks – anyone riding some?’ is closed to new replies.