Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Exchange to Google Apps migration – who's done it?
  • xiphon
    Free Member

Anybody completed this successfully?

Mail is fine, and managed to hacked together a shared company calendar…. but really stuck with contacts!

Basic business requirement – around 1000 contacts (external people) on a public folder contacts list which everyone can see and edit – how do I migrate this to Google Contact Apps?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have not done it but I thought there was a tool to do the job for you called ‘Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Exchange’

When I asked about Google Apps on here a while ago no one appeared to know what I was on about so I would not rely on STW for the answer in this case.

Good luck 🙂

xiphon
    Free Member

Tried that, with no luck. Can’t seem to find a way for the users (non admins) to edit the global contacts list (external potential sales contacts, etc).

Leaning towards a CRM system now, or very basic web-app querying contact details from a db.

Milkie
    Free Member

Looks like only admins can edit the data. I don’t know how it works, but can you not set them all as admins for that list only?

You can modify the shared contact list using XML/HTML, loads of info here, which may or may not be of any help!

bawbag
    Free Member

Not sure shared contacts were possible. we ended up going with Google for mail and salesforce.com for customer info. I think zoho do one that’s a good bit cheaper.

xiphon
    Free Member

Looks like the only way it can be done is via the Contacts API – for updating global contacts. Pants. I could do it, but why re-invent the wheel? Looks like I’ll be going down the cloud CRM route.

Cheers for your input people 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Exchange to Google Apps migration – who's done it?’ is closed to new replies.