Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • excel on mac
  • iDave
    Free Member

i have office for mac

trying to sort spreadsheet of business prospects and when i organise as a list, the whole mac grinds to a halt. i can turn the data into a list but then when i try and sort, it all freezes??? its about 1000 rows but needs to add another 2000

any ideas other than buy a PC?

ta

mrmo
    Free Member

more ram.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Use Mac's own app, 'Numbers'* instead. Much, much nicer and easier to use. Works the same way, and files can be saved in Excel formats. Can open Excel files.

*Part of iWork package. Like Office, but it 'just works'.

**** Microshite.

molgrips
    Free Member

Excel is terrible at sorting data.. does this help?

iDave
    Free Member

iHave 4 gig ram

iWill try and steal iWork

iThank you all

mrmo
    Free Member

just a thought, are you using 2008? if so it is crap 2004 is quicker, it is to do with the coding and being a bodge job. Hopefully the nest version 2011/12 will be better and it meant to be getting VBA back again. Hopefully it will work with Windows Excel VBA, unlike previous versions.

vimto
    Free Member

3,000 rows doesn't sound very much to sort unless you have alot of columns. It may be worthwhile deleting all rows below your last bit of data. If you have rubbish in rows after end of your data then excel can end up trying to sort alot more rows than you think.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is Open Office an option?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

numbers from the iwork package, the templates you will see will blow your mind !

3 apps that do all that microsh1tes 4 jobs and with a lot more functionality

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘excel on mac’ is closed to new replies.