Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Excel Help
  • rottwieler
    Free Member

Can anyone see whats wrong with this formula?

=Y2&CHAR(10)&Z2&CHAR(10)&AA2&CHAR(10)&AB2&CHAR(10)&AC2&CHAR(10)&AD2&CHAR(10)&AE2&CHAR(10)&AF2&CHAR(10)&AG2&CHAR(10)&AH2

as when i copy & paste it down the sheet it will not change the formula and only brings up the same info in the 1st cell

mossimus
    Free Member

Cell references change for me when I copy down the page?

Doh sorry, re read now. Don’t copy and paste the formula, drag the cell contents down then the cell references will change.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Are you doing a straight copy/paste or dragging the formula down using the cross on the bottom right of the cell?

edit: as above

rottwieler
    Free Member

even when i drag down it still uses the 1st cell info

yeah straight copy & paste and just tried dragging down

poly
    Free Member

does the formula change when you check the formula bar (i.e. enter forumla in say A1, then copy/drag down to A2, A3, A4 – if you click A4 has the formula changed in from what your entered in A1?)

What are you expecting to see at the “output”? Depending on the cell height you may (I’ve not tested it) only see the content of Y2 (because then it is followed by a line feed).

reggiegasket
    Free Member

all the cell references are relative, so they will move down when you copy down.

Obviously if Y2 has the same info as Y3, Y4 etc. then you’ll get the same ‘answer’…

..but if that’s not the case then the only reason I can see why the references might not move down is if the sheet is set to manual calculation and thus is not re-calculating the sheet when things change.

rottwieler
    Free Member

how would i kow if it set to manual calculation?

scruff
    Free Member

Tools > options> calculation

stick to the day job

rottwieler
    Free Member

cheers guys all working now thanks

Not having a good day 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Excel Help’ is closed to new replies.