Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Excel Guru's required
  • gearfreak
    Free Member

Trying to help out Mrs GF who organises a TT series here in sunny Wales. In each event the fastest person is awarded 120 points, the next fastest 119 etc etc. One of the series awards is the fastest 5, so for each event in the series (there are 7 events), the fastest 5 members of any given club qualify for the awards, so if Club X had 7 riders only the fastest 5 would count to this award.

So the excel bit, if you are still with me and not gone to read about wheel sizes or pudding..
    From my list of all results in the format name, club, time, points how can I select just the fastest five from each club and add up their points? (I can do it manually, but would love to be able to use a formula if it’s possible)

Thank you!

Stoner
    Free Member

use =RANK() and <6 in a conditional statement.

RobHilton
    Free Member

YGM

Sundayjumper

Sounds like a pivot table would do some of the donkey work there. If I remember, and can be arsed, I’ll have a play around tomorrow.

maxtorque

ahh, pudding……… 😉

samunkim
    Free Member

Yep

Pivot using club as 1st left column and then sort by time column if anything preceding has disturbed the order then use the Right click Filter / Right click Top 10 and adjust it down to your criteria (5)

gearfreak
    Free Member

Thanks samunkim will give that a go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Excel Guru's required’ is closed to new replies.