Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Excel Chart Gurus, HELP! (please)
  • daveagiles
    Free Member

This is driving me nuts, some help would be much appreciated!

I’m trying to combine the top to charts into one, with Average Power Output on the Left, and Total Work Done on the right with their scales on the respective sides.

The third chart at the bottom is my best effort, but it won’t let me change the scales, if I try to add a secondary axis it goes nuts and one of the items disappears.

Please say someone has the answer!

HELP by Dave Giles, on Flickr

daveagiles
    Free Member

Note: Its just the data on the bottom left that I want to chart. This is:

Average Power Output in two conditions N and HH

Total work done in two conditions N and HH

So:
    N HH
    APO 62.7 52.12
    TWD 210.26 173.93

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

looks like the chart table is set to “data in columns” instead of rows – that of itself will not fix the secondary axis issue, which sounds like it may be an excel glitch – I’d do the table again from scratch, as you know to plot a data series on a secondary axis select the data series on the graph,right click “format data series” choose a secondary axis, scale axis to suit I’ve just done it (on a line chart)no problems. Good luck

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

Actuallybar charts are a bit different, when you add the seondary axis does thcale appear on the right but the data series disappear? if so I think your data bars may be there but hidden behind the larger bar, so format data series and play with the width and gap settings to seperate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Excel Chart Gurus, HELP! (please)’ is closed to new replies.