Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Excel challenge
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I have several (up to 8 or 10 ish) series of data, and they all need to be plotted on a graph. This is easy.

The hard part is that each individual data point has its own timestamp. So for example, rather than having 8 values at 1s, 8 at 2s, 8 at 3s and so on, I’ve got series 1 point 1 at 0.34s, series 2 point 1 at 0.58s and so on.

Is this actually a scatter graph? I need to draw lines on the same chart and compare trends over actual elapsed time. Y values would need their own scale because the series range from 0-3000 to 0-1.2

Pyro

Yup, plot as scatter. You can still plot series, but it’ll be a darn sight simpler that way.

footflaps

For a bonus point configure Excel so that double clicking on an Excel graph rescales the graph to zoom in on that point by a factor of 2 and right clicking on a point zooms out by a factor of 2.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ooh.. sounds useful, ta.

footflaps

I can send you some code to do the double click to zoom in bit, it’s quite simple to set up in VBA…..

jam-bo

sounds like functionality they should have built in in the first place…

but back to the OP, yes, scatter plot, time as the X axis. if you correctly apply a date/time format to the column it should even get the axis labelling right.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Excel challenge’ is closed to new replies.