Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Excel 2008 and 2003 on a Mac
  • Leku
    Free Member

Currently have Office 2008 running on my iMac.

Need to access some older Excel files which have Macros in them. Can I load an older version of Office and have them run side by side?

Cheers.

mrmo
    Free Member

get a copy of Office 2004 the docx converter and ditch 2008.

As for Macros, Office 2004 sort of supports VBA, some commands work some don’t, some of the macros i have written at work i can tweak at home others nothing.

You can run the two versions, but i wouldn’t bother with 2008.

mboy
    Free Member

Not tried 2008 on my Mac, but if it’s anything like 2007 is on the PC (which I suspect it is), then junk it and go back a generation!

2007 sucks on a PC compared to 2003, so much stuff you can’t immediately do, lack of compatibility etc. About the only benefit is up to 1 million rows instead of 65366 or whatever it is on 2003, but like you ever need that many (only databases really for which you’d be using Access anyway).

No issues running Office 2004 on my Mac at home, works very much the same as 2003 on a PC just with the familiar Mac interface instead of a PC one.

retro83
    Free Member

Not tried 2008 on my Mac, but if it’s anything like 2007 is on the PC (which I suspect it is), then junk it and go back a generation!

It’s only superficially like it, you still have the normal menus etc as in 2004.
    2004 runs like a dog on my Macbook, I suspect this is because it runs as a PowerPC app through rosetta.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Excel 2008 and 2003 on a Mac’ is closed to new replies.