Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Excel 2007 help
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

A cry for help with excel 2007. Been tasked with something totally better of being put in a flow chart but the boss man wants in on a excel spreadsheet.

Two burning issues, How do i freeze the panes so the LHS column and top row stay static? Can only seem to manage one or the other atm/

Second one. How do i get it to jump to a different cell when clicking on the data? Any help much appreciated

Stoner
    Free Member

click in the cell you want to be at the top left of your scrolling page, then choose “freeze panes”

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Alt-W-F-F to freeze panes.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Thanks fort being so quick. Still seem only to be able to get either the row or the columns to freeze.Not both at the same time. My ineptitude?

Stoner
    Free Member

if you want to freeze to rows 3 and columns c, then leave the cursor in D4, then freeze panes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sounds like it… if you click in the cell as described by Stoner then do what I said, it should work perfectly.

Anymore detail on what you mean by the second one? Sounds like you’re going to need to do some protecting of the sheet.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Cheers guys sorted the “freeze” issue..

What i want to happen if I click on a cell it will jump to another Sheet but a specific cell on that sheet. If you can imagine a flow chart where the cell you click on is the final result it needs to jump to a cell with a final action to carry out.

Crap idea I know, but the boss won’t be swayed.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Use Hyperlinks.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

If you had not guessed already I have no experience of driving the MS office products.

Pyro

As above, or “Freeze Panes” is in the View menu.

To jump to another cell, you need to create a bookmark in the second (target) cell, then create a hyperlink referencing that bookmark in the first (home) cell. Excel 07 can do it all in one go, in your home cell, right click and select.Hyperlink, then click on “Place in this document”, select your target cell and define the text for your Home cell, then click okay and Bob’s a good ol’ mate of your dad.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

You need to insert a hyperlink by right clicking on the cell that you want to click on and select ‘Hyperlink’.

Then select from the menu on the left ‘Place in This Document’, it will then give you the option of inputting the cell reference you want the hyperlink to go to (i.e. A1), below this it will tehn give you the option of which sheet this cell is on.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Too Slow ^^^^

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

on the ‘Insert’ tab is a section called hyperlinks… click on it a small window opens on the left hand side is a section of where you want to link to… ‘this document’…

Pyro

< makes Smoking Gun fingers, and applies for title of “Fastest Geek in the North West” > 😀

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Pyro – Member

< makes Smoking Gun fingers, and applies for title of “Fastest Geek in the North West” >

😆

At least I keep the title for “The fastest Geek in the South West”!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Thanks Guys…… You have no idea how much grief you have saved me. Hopefully one day I will be able to help one of you out.

Many thanks, Uphill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Excel 2007 help’ is closed to new replies.