Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • ex Long Haired Blokes of the Forum please….
  • RustySpanner

Started growing mine again 18 months ago, initially just to wind up my wife.

People reckon it suits me and I’ve enjoyed doing it again.
    Everyone is under strict instructions to let me know when it gets too thin.
    I’ll give it another six months, then back to a crew cut.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Brad Pitt managed nicely in his zombie film. Google it and his after shave adverts. I tried it for a while but have now ended up with a sons of anarchy style greased back , it looks a bit biker, but homeless but the main judge in my life -mrs- likes it and work have never objected it joked about it. I am lucky as I am blessed with thick hair even now into my 40s.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

If I could post picks, I’d put one up of me with a bright red Mohican whilst wearing a wedding suit!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Didn’t have mine cut at all for 15+ years. Was down to my waist!

Started thinning rapidly so off it came.

No1 all over.

Best thing I ever did. 3 minutes to have a shower. No shampoo to buy. No wet hair to dry. No comb needed. Just lots less pissing about in general.

I give it a no1 every 10 days or so. £10 for a set of clippers every couple of years.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I had long hair and it was a pita but I still liked it. Was terrified to cut it off, it ha become too much part of my identity. Tried some hair styles with wax then went for grade 2 crewnfor a while and settled on a grade 3-4 ish. Thought I would have a odd head too. So much easier with short hair and I can’t be doing with products.

spud-face

senor j – Member

Clippers +1.
    Many years ago I looked like I was in Hanson

My work nickname was Mmmbop! (I ride an mmmbop in tribute)
    When someone pointed out i was thinning I bought clippers and went short for a few years. Since it combined with my physique to make me look like I’d just been liberated from a concentration camp, I’m experimenting with a short back and sides these days.

I miss being able to hide behind the sheet of hair when I get nervous, and the attention of wimmins stopping me in the street to ask whether I dyed it so blond/what shampoo I use/whether I straightened it.
    I don’t miss the barmaid in my local telling everyone “he’s got babby soft hair, feel it!” so I’d end up being stroked by the resident pissy-fingered drunks.
    Will always regret not spiking it before getting shot though, but seemed like too much effort

Sundayjumper

Same as many others, I had long hair as a stooodent. Cut it off after getting my first job, although in the meeting where I was offered the job, I did negotiate to keep it for a few weeks as I had tickets to see Iron Maiden and really really wanted to keep it for that 🙂

Had the obligatory floppy fringe in the nineties.

Now I ask for a grade two back & sides “and tidy up the top”.

timraven

Mine started getting thin and that was it off with the lot. Short is much easier, but I still miss it.
    Go to a decent barber though, worth the money, IMHO obviously.

jools182
    Free Member

Once you cut it off you will suddenly notice the lack of any attention from anyone even slightly attractive

It’s far too late for me to grow my long hair back as half of it has fallen out

I say keep it as one day you may no longer be able to

Marin
    Free Member

Didn’t have a haircut from about 15 till 26 ended up with very long dreads. Had it cut short and suddenly the police and customs at airports were no longer interested in me. Grew it for about another 4 years then had it cut off again. Could not be arsed with long hair again but loved it when I had it. I’d go to a decent hairdresser or very funky barber and tell them youre story and see what they suggest. I’m now number 2 on the back and sides bit longer scruffy on top. Not likely to change now till it falls out.

teasel
    Free Member

*As in it reached my nipples, as opposed to being the same length as my nipples

I like that you felt the need to clarify.

🙂

kayak23

Danny79 – Member
    If you’re going from long to shaved I’d recommend a transitional phase

Like this?

tazzymtb

Had really long hair for years in big mohwak of dreads plaits and cripmy bits that was long enough to sit on. (Mad max mixed with creaming jesus). Grew the shaved sides out to make a more respectable pony tail when I started work. Then a combination of waking up one morning with a big fury snake in bed with me (oh good im balding)and wanting more money meant that it was time to cut the lot off and go corporate. Its just got shorter until the baldy really took over. Now a razor job.

maccruiskeen

Flat-top

But keep the back and sides long. Best of both worlds

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Enjoy it while you’ve got it.

Then shave it off to look better than the cover it up job.

Cougar

creaming jesus

Wut?

vickypea
    Free Member

I went from long hair to a ‘number 4’ with the clippers for a couple of years. It felt great having a complete change. Nowadays it’s more normal but I can spike it up if I want. I’m not a bloke though 😉

llama

Cut mine in 92 and have never been happy with it until I started growing it a couple of years ago.

So don’t do it

If you want a change get it styled instead

But if I was receding or thinning it would be off like a shot

garage-dweller

Had my shoulder length hair reduced to barely longer than a grade 4 just before my uni finals.

Now it’s grade 2 or 3 all over. Zero maintenance other than a rinse under the shower, no helmet hair, smart enough for work.

Honestly I don’t think there’s been a day in the 21 years since it was cut that I have remotely missed it.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Was in a metal cover band in high school till early part of uni days..so sporting long hair back then in the 90’s to copy(ish) metallica/megadeth look …most of my mates sporting long hairs as well.. then Life took over and one by one over the years my mates cutting their long hair coz of jobs / missus / growing up … then one day I just went to the barber and said 5 on top 4 on sides please… was the last man standing though ….thinkingabout it couple of years ago though but too much grey hairs now 😐

allan23
    Free Member

Ta for the comments.

I need to persuade the missus and then go for the shaved look.
    Was thinking again this weekend as I was noticing my previous Christopher Lee\Saruman look is getting a bit too much Terry Nutkins plays Saruman 🙁

Once you cut it off you will suddenly notice the lack of any attention from anyone even slightly attractive

That could open up a whole new world of problems, current missus doesn’t mind me biking and doesn’t want to get a bike as well. That’s a keeper for me – more storage space for my n+1 🙂

creaming jesus

I get it 🙂 Linky for those that don’t.

Cougar

We need before and after pics so we can take the piss offer words of encouragement.

avdave2

Reading this it struck me that I went through the whole of the 90’s without getting my haircut once.
    When I did go into a barbers in 2000 and asked him to cut it all off his reaction was “**** me have you been on Crimewatch”

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘ex Long Haired Blokes of the Forum please….’ is closed to new replies.