Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • EWS coverage
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

This years official EWS highlights programmes are lots shorter than previous years and show very little riding. I’m sure I read something about the EWS having a new media partner and a longer extenddd highlights programme for 2017 – anyone know where to find it or any alternatives?

muggomagic

Here is 15 minutes of highlights

Dirt

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Thanks, but that’s the one I was referring to. They used to be around 25 minutes long and had a lot more of the actual race in them

mark88

Agree with you sofa boy, short clips filled by a graphic of stage times and repeat.
    I believe the extended highlight package was meant to be for TV. I’ve heard no mention of it since the initial press release

Cowman

I’m glad someone else mentioned this. I saw the press release then looked, and looked. Nothing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m interested to know what they plan and the 2 day races should show a lot more. Saw heaps of people out in fancy camera gear recording and setting up during training and the challenge race. Weather I think would play a part, it was truly hideous out there and there was more footage from the stages when it was a bit nicer. Access is also a problem and certainly by the end of the day getting to some parts of the course with the expensive camera rigs would have been tough if not impossible. Especially as by the time you move from the pro’s on one stage the next one was full of people racing.

muggomagic

I think this might be as good as it gets for the official highlights. It’ll be a package that is sold to some transworldsport type show, so will be brief overview of the race as a whole.
    It’s a shame as I’d hoped for more, but as Mike said on his thread, there are plenty of other ways to watch these events with spectator and team/rider youtube videos, facebook live etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘EWS coverage’ is closed to new replies.