Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 353 total)
  • Evolution – I`m not buying it.
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

Just seems a bit far fetched to me that we have ended up with however many species with such a diverse form and function from a random set of circumstances.

I am sure someone here can convince me otherwise as I am no expert in the subject. So please feel free to enlighten me.

xora

*head in hands crying*

There are books about it, go learn, you’ll be amazed!

martinhutch

seosamh77
    Free Member

trailwagger – Member
    Just seems a bit far fetched to me that we have ended up with however many species with such a diverse form and function from a random set of circumstances.

I am sure someone here can convince me otherwise as I am no expert in the subject. So please feel free to enlighten me.

I’m happy to let you wallow in ignorance.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

What’s the less far-fetched explanation?

kraken2345
    Free Member

I don’t suppose Earth is flat in your eyes too?

perchypanther
    Free Member

….and gravity? I’m not buying that crazy bullshit either!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/nc2JBtrPpIk[/video]

scud
    Free Member

Nope you’re right, it was God in 7 days, he just put the fossils and the DNA links there to have a laugh with you….

AdamW
    Free Member

Same with cheese. Bloody cheesolutionists claiming it exists. Meh.

jimdubleyou

So please feel free to enlighten me.

Do you think humans will be in the same form as they are today 3.5 billion years from now?

Because that’s how long it took to go from the first fossils we know about to today.

bencooper
    Free Member

fasthaggis

Yeah,it’s like Dinosaurs, they were really,really small,but people just made stuff up about them and now fake all the big bones finds to try and fool us.

Oh,and don’t get me started on the moon landings,sheez.

seosamh77
    Free Member

jimdubleyou – Member
    So please feel free to enlighten me.
    Do you think humans will be in the same form as they are today 3.5 billion years from now?

Because that’s how long it took to go from the first fossils we know about to today.

the jump from single cell to multi cell only happened 600 million years ago. It took 350million years to go from there to the dinosaurs. and about 4/500million to get to something approaching us.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve got t-shirts older than that.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oh,and don’t get me started on the moon landings,sheez.

I don’t believe in the moon.

fasthaggis

[video]https://youtu.be/gGbmAKDWcZQ[/video]

martinhutch

Life on Earth has been rolling the evolutionary dice for four billion years. Think about how long that is – the presence of humans on this planet is but a flicker in comparison, and yet you can map significant evolution over that period.

Once you truly conceptualise the full timescale, then even the most complex and diverse lifeforms and variations start to seem possible.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

In defence of the op I don’t think trolls have followed an evolutionary path, they were magically created at the same time as fairies and dragons

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

somebody please insert the bart simpson not sure if trolling gif

welshfarmer

But was it punctuated or gradual evolution?

I wrote a great essay on this subject for my finals but as is the nature of such exams the essay will never see the light of day.

miketually
    Free Member

God made everything, and fish are evil because they weren’t drowned in the Great Flood.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

bart simpson not sure if trolling gif

kimbers

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI[/video]

but also

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJbya4nhc90[/video]

martinhutch

In addition to those clips, there is incontravertible evidence such as this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgiDcJi534Y[/video]

CountZero

Evolution is happening right in front of the OP’s nose, if he could be arsed to investigate what’s around him.
    A classic example is a species of moth camouflaged to blend in with the bark of certain trees. It became obvious after a while that due to the dirty air in London causing the bark of trees to become much darker, the moths were becoming darker to avoid showing up and becoming bird food.
    The Galápagos Islands finches are the classic example which let Darwin form his theory, and it’s obvious in the traffic casualties caused by people obsessed with their phones walking out into the road and getting killed; mostly they’re pretty young and haven’t had a chance to breed, so their stupidity genes won’t get passed on, thus we’ll see a slight improvement in the overall intelligence of the human race given time.
    Although how we explain America is a bit of a problem…

joshvegas
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ve ever been able to buy evolution have yiu?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Once you truly conceptualise the full timescale, then even the most less complex and less diverse lifeforms and variations start to would seem possible. unlikely.

FTFOP

zippykona

Evolution does fall down by making me bald.
    The one place you do want hair is on your head.
    It protects your head from bumps , the sun and keeps you warm in winter.
    Yet for some reason the most important part of my body has been left open to the elements.
    My shoulders don’t need it, my toes don’t need it, my **** head needs it.
    There again it could be god being a ****

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Everyone knows all life on Earth originated from Engineers, right? 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHpJr7_5Mjg[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Yet for some reason the most important part of my body has been left open to the elements.

Or you could just buy a hat.

Evolution has enabled us to reach the dizzy heights of simple problem solving! 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Evolutionary dead ends aren’t we?

Us baldies will die of head wounds and sunburn and the hirsute shall inherit the earth.

colournoise

We shouldn’t need to buy hats. If they were more effective than hair surely we would have evolved them?

martinhutch

Apparently hair loss has been linked to higher levels of testosterone. You may be intensely odd-looking, but are more likely to kill your love rivals to death and reproduce.

munrobiker
    Free Member

My mother in law (who is American…) genuinely didn’t think evolution was a thing until a couple of years ago.

Incredible.

seosamh77
    Free Member

colournoise – Member
    We shouldn’t need to buy hats. If they were more effective than hair surely we would have evolved them?

I’ll let you walk about in your bare feet as a protest.

johndoh
    Free Member

This timeline puts Earth and evolution into perspective… (sorry can’t find a YouTube link to embed).

tazzymtb

from an evolutionary point of view, there is no need. We exist purely to pass on our genes, raise young and die early so as not to be a threat to resources for the next generation. That’s also why we only have 2 sets of teeth and so on, we are evolved to be at a peak in our late teens/early 20’s and then rapidly fall apart after that. Being a baldy is a sign that you had lots of testosterone, could have been a big alpha male, sired lots of young and then shuffled off this mortal coil. You are just an evolutionary embarrassment 🙂

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I heard a tourist in Windsor ask her husband (possibly the OP?) why they built the castle under the flight path

trailwagger
    Free Member

OK, first of all this is not a trolling post.

Secondly i understand the theory of evolution (at a basic gcse level)

So let me put some maths to my post.

In terms of mammals, the earliest mammal dates to 200M years ago.

If the average lifespan of a mammal is 10 years then there are

20m generations.

If a genetic mutation/variation occurs every fifth generation thats

4m genetic variations.

Only a certain percentage of those variations would be successful or advantageous, lets say 50%

2m variations.

Is that really enough to allow such a vast array of mammals to exist?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 353 total)

The topic ‘Evolution – I`m not buying it.’ is closed to new replies.