Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • EVOC Bike Bags – Any good deals / experiences?
  • shiny
    Free Member

I currently have a CRC one and it is a real PIA, woefully inadequate, have to remove forms, bars, stem, wheels, pedals etc. Wheel bags are okay but difficult to fit in with other padding around frame etc.

The EVOC has had good reviews but what do the STW massive actually think…

I am considering ‘investing’ to transport my bikes around the world as i get to travel a lot…

Good deals? and top-tips appreciated.

Cheers
    Shiny

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got two. Cheapest I could find was 235 after quidco cash back. They seem to do the job nicely and ate much easier to get around the airport. The plastic tubes that protect the wheels got crushed on the way back but did their job. I replaced them with some ali but it’s not been tested yet.

Hardcase will offer more protection but I realised that I couldn’t get my alps bike in a hard case and keep it under the 32 kg max limit per item specified by most carriers.

We like ours. More convenient than the boxes we’ve used previously and more protection than my old teepee bag. (similar to crc ones)

FuzzyWuzzy

I have one and it’s pretty good, better protection and easier to carry about than a cardboard box and most other soft-cases and a lot lighter than a hard-case. It was a squeeze getting wheels in the pockets with 2.4 Conti RQ’s on them but they did go in (I couldn’t fully deflate them as didn’t want sealant leaking everywhere). Whether it’s worth the money though depends on how much you’ll use it I guess.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toons
    Free Member

This makes it look very easy to pack http://great-rock.tv/packing-an-evoc-bike-travel-bag

Merlin Cycles have them at £210.56 (if you join the VIP club).

flyingfox
    Free Member

We hire them and they’ve been great. Keep selling them on the back of it too. No complaints so far. I’ll ask the guy who knows that bit but I’m pretty sure he was selling them for around £200. I know he’s ordering some more this week as he’s run out again anyhow.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Got one, used several times. Great bit of kit. Bike has always arrived safe. GF has CR one. Its ok but nowhere near as good as Evoc,

vinnyeh

I currently have a CRC one and it is a real PIA, woefully inadequate, have to remove forms, bars, stem, wheels, pedals etc. Wheel bags are okay but difficult to fit in with other padding around frame etc.

I can’t see this being different with the evoc- you’ll still need to (and want to, to minimise risk of damage) take the bike to pieces, but all the reports say it will hold up to travel a lot lot better
    Longetivity is pitiful with the crc – after a dozen or so flights mine is held together with duct tape, the base is shagged and it’s holed in each corner- but the evoc was out of stock everywhere when I needed to buy.

shiny
    Free Member

sounds like a good investment considering the amount bikes are worth…any good deals…

cheers
    shiny

FuzzyWuzzy

When I last used mine I just took the wheels off, unbolted the mech hanger and took the bars out of the stem (removable face plate). Oh and took the seat post out.

shiny
    Free Member

best i have seen is around 230 or so, has anyone seen a good deal?
    cheers
    shiny

SimonPinson

I’m looking for an Evoc bag too after my 146 is too long to fit in my CRC bag (which is not a bit battered) without totally taking it to bits which then makes it a ball ache to assemble again the other end.

Evco bags look like the dogs danglies but do cost. What is the cheapest at the moment?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘EVOC Bike Bags – Any good deals / experiences?’ is closed to new replies.