Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Evoc bike bag vs. CRC bag
  • astrozombies
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Own 2 evocs in the house 20 odd flights for both bags.
    CRC looks like a good copy but looks floppy, not as rigid as the Evoc. The Evoc base is solid, the weels look better,
    Wheel pockets on the outside are much better for Oz/NZ customs.
    Can’t see any of the rigid bars that the evoc has in the CRC bag.

astrozombies
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply – are the rigid bars in the Evoc just a square shape that sits in the base?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The base is solid, there are also rigid(enough) struts that run up the end of the bag.

The low handle is also the best for hauling.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Don’t know anything about the Evoc bag, but have had a CRC pro bag for a few years and it’s still going strong. Would recommend it

lw246
    Free Member

Not used an evoc bag, however the CRC bag i used to take my bike to south France by train ended up quite battered with the handle torn. It was nightmare to pull around the train stations as well (constantly falling over)
    In fairness I did probably over load the bag a bit by putting my tent & tools in it as well.

NZCol

Agree, my evoc has done a load of flights now and has been superb. Better than my hard case.

wingnuts

Got EVOC and its ace. All sorts of abuse. Bought it from a shop when I was in Holland and was substantially cheaper than even the mail order boys. Get one! True STW type recommendation!

coogan
    Free Member

Had a CRC one for a good few years, always worked, got a bit battered and the handle clip burst. Got a EVOC last year and it’s bloody brilliant. Easier to pack, move about and is more solid.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Got both. The CRC one is fine just pain to pull around because it’s got a small ish wheelbase. Overall I always use the Evoc. It’s brilliant easy to pull and I can pack my unpack my bike in about 10 mins great design fully recommended. I used it some 20 times

jobro
    Free Member

How much do these bags weigh please?

No I’m not a weight weenie, just wondered how much they contribute to your flight allowance.

astrozombies
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice all. They both weigh about 8.5 kg according to the websites

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Evoc is about 9kg on the rough scale. Par for decent bags.

Northwind

IIRC the Evoc is actually bigger than the maximum dimensions for a few common airlines. Whether that’s really a problem, I don’t know- doesn’t seem likely that they check.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

the evoc looks quite small next to some, especially my Scott behemoth!

kilo

Get the rose.de bike bag, twenty quid more than the chain reaction one and I prefer it to our evoc

astrozombies
    Free Member
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Evoc bike bag vs. CRC bag’ is closed to new replies.