Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Evil Sovereign – Best thing i've ever ridden!
  • kudos100
    Free Member

Well I can think of something else that is better, but in terms of bikes, it is the cats whiskers 😉

150mm fork, dropper post, single ring, brilliant! Only downside is it is a bit of a heffer. It descends, corners, jumps and manuals better than anything else I have ridden. The only things that come close IMO, are the bfe and ns surge.

It is great to find a frame that you know you will keep for a long time. I’ve been through a number of hardtail frames in the last year, searching for the ‘one’ and I have finally found her. 😀

batman11
    Free Member

Thx god for that my man…..

Bats.

bruneep

Hmm, mine must be broken as its sh1te at manualing

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

More bikes need shorter chainstays

elgee
    Free Member

Pics or your lying 😛

What size frame you running dude?

kudos100
    Free Member

Thx god for that my man…..

Bats.

Damm straight! Took me a while to get used to her, but I love it to bits now. Had a little altercation with some wet roots today and took a slam. Nothing broken though. 🙂

Catch up in the week for a ride mate.

batman11
    Free Member

Will do prob be thursday night for me if your up for it?

Bats.

kudos100
    Free Member

Pics or your lying

What size frame you running dude?

I’ll get some pics up soon 🙂 I’m riding a large, with a 65mm stem. It is only just big enough for me a 6’3. Did a 5 hour xc ride on it today and apart from being a tad cramped in the cockpit it was brilliant.

kudos100
    Free Member

Will do prob be thursday night for me if your up for it?

Bats.

Sounds good to me!

Stevelol
    Free Member

I love mine but want to trade my 160mm lyric airs for some 140/150 revs to lighten it up and get the geometry back to stock.

kudos100
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want anymore than 150, 140 is probably ideal.

_tom_
    Free Member

What makes it better than the Surge and BFe? I had a BFe and am thinking of getting a Surge to replace it. The BFe was great but felt a bit dead. I’ve had a few quick rides on a Surge and liked it, seemed more lively with the shorter chainstays..

kudos100
    Free Member

Bfe is a great frame, but I don’t think the angles are as good as those on the sovereign, plus the standover is better on the larger sizes. I can’t put my finger on it, the geometry is just ‘right’ The Bfe has a bit more spring to it, while the sov feels solid and still manages to take a bit of the sting out of the back end.

The surge was my favorite frame up until now, but they were just too small for me. If you fit the surge, go for one of those, great frames. The adjustablity of the sovereign, plus the way it handles put it above anything i’ve ever ridden.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Evil Sovereign – Best thing i've ever ridden!’ is closed to new replies.