Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Evil Faction
  • lesinge
    Free Member

Been offered a build based on this frame by insurance company as a replacement for my stolen 456 summer season. Has anybody got any experience of them? Know what max fork size it'll take?? (looking at Vanilla 140's to slacken it). Looks a bit jump parky to me.

The only articles coming up on google are that hideous CRC custom build and Vanderhams build, which looks pretty nice.

RealMan
    Free Member

That is a jump bike I think. I had this same problem with my insurance company. They tried to offer me a piece of crap, and in the end I managed to get them to buy me a load of components instead. That way at least I got my monies worth from them, and was still able to build up my dream bike.

billybob
    Free Member

Not really a similar tool to the 456

lesinge
    Free Member

mmmm that might be worth asking then, see if they can give me my monies worth in components and I'll sort the frame out myself. If it was an Evil Sovereign I'd have bitten their hands off and I still find it odd that they're offering me a frame worth 3x more than a 456. It just doesn't look as if it would be too at home with 140mm forks fitted and riding xc trails.

lesinge
    Free Member

Arrrgh my eyes 😉

tails
    Free Member

perhaps take it and flog it?

Kuco

Is that a Teletubby bike?

lesinge
    Free Member

tails I think you might have the right idea there, I'm sure I could shift a £475 frame for 300ish. Just depends on what else they're offering spec wise now. I'd be happy to take an off the peg Genesis Alpitude 😀 It'd be £300 cheaper for them too!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Evil Faction’ is closed to new replies.