Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Evil Bikes Warranty
  • slowboydickie

You tend to only hear grumbles about Evil’s warranty behaviours so I thought I would balance it up with my own experience. I had an issue on delimitation of paint on the rear triangle so I dropped into the LBS where I bought it to show them. Within 24 hours a replacement rear triangle had been ordered under warranty.

Good work Evil, and great support from Nirvana Cycles in Westcott!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’ve heard nothing but praise for them recently – the grumbles and nay sayers seem to be a legacy from previous failings.

legend
    Free Member

Within 24 hours a replacement rear triangle had been ordered under warranty.

Ordered and now received…. or just ordered? 😉

z1ppy

shh you can’t go against the grain of STW, I wouldn’t even think to mention that mine been trouble free for 2.5 odd years, and I even use it regularly.

Alway good to hear of any good service

JackHammer

Burn the heretic!!

slowboydickie

Ordered and now received…. or just ordered?

Admittedly only ordered. I’m sure it will be fine. I had no issues with the bike in 20 months, its a fantastic bit of kit. I can’t get anywhere near the the PBs I got on it on other bikes.

warpcow
    Free Member

Admittedly only an ancillary component, but a riding buddy had a new Race Face rear wheel on warranty within a week when his axle snapped (bought as a full bike). That was through the European distributor in Spain, or wherever.

philjunior
    Free Member

I did tend to think the warranty problems were down to some manufacturing issues/not having the cash flow and/or stock to sort people out in a timely manner.
    Glad to hear things appear to be getting better.

tdog
    Free Member

Surely this kinda good news for relatively new owner’s of Evil products is down to the initial supporters buying evil frames getting pissed over just to build funds for future warranty cases once the Co. had found it’s feet.

I wanted a following mb but the prices are insane for basic build and there are still issues with their frames across the range that had turned medown the path of Ibis.

Sure all manufacturers have teething problems and issues with batches but the faith of a warranty being processed largely it seems boil down to how good the lbs are to sort it out.

edward2000
    Free Member

Anybody had an issue with their insurgent yet? Or is it jut me?

philstone

What you had? Touch wood my Insurgent has been perfect!

submarined
    Free Member

Oh FFS, now I’m lusting after a Calling again :/

philstone

My experience is it’s inevitable. After seeing my first Evil in Les Arcs about 4 years ago, I’ve lusted after one. Eventually bought one in May. Love it.

edward2000
    Free Member

I took my Insurgent to my lbs when there appeared to be some play in the main pivot bearing. Turns out the bearings have eroded into the frame which is causing all the play, so replacing the bearings have made no difference. Evil have asked me to send the frame to them (14 month old) so we will see what they say.

The irony is this is the second Evil frame I’ve had, the first was also replaced under warranty.

Brilliant bikes, when they work.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Evil Bikes Warranty’ is closed to new replies.