Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • evil bay and "snatching my money back:
  • Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

recently bought a couple of items of the bay and one hasn't turned up ,the payment has been taken,the item was due a last wednesday. but the seller is no longer a registered user hasn't replied to any e mails .and i feel ive had my pants pulled down a bit.
    now i paid using pay pal which i linked to a cc rather than my bank account.am i right to think that as its not my money i spent? can i ask the cc compony to get it back or can i do it myself?
    Thanks M

retro83
    Free Member

Complain through pay pal.

br
    Free Member

How much?

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

a complaint through paypal can take up to 60days and i dont feel i owe the seller any favours.as above really was looking to find out if i can just snatch my money back.

uplink
    Free Member

Put a flag in the ground now by raising a Paypal dispute

Jamie
    Free Member

On eBay now most of the power lies with the seller buyer. Just file a dispute with eBay and you should have your cash back in a couple of weeks.

coffeeking
    Free Member

a complaint through paypal can take up to 60days

I've had to put in a complaint/dispute twice with ebay/paypal. Both times refunded in less than 7 days with almost no effort.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Raise the problem with eBay/Paypal – because the seller is nor not a registered user you should get your money back pretty quickly – it's happened to me that way, you don't have to wait 20 days or whatever.

By the way, you can't snatch back the money from your credit card – you'd have to prove it was an unauthorised use of your card (say someone hacked in to your account), just you paying for it and then saying you didn't get the goods won't wash.

You should get a fairly prompt result using th normal channels.

uplink
    Free Member

just you paying for it and then saying you didn't get the goods won't wash.

yes it will [as long as you didn't actually get them]

br
    Free Member

I asked 'how much', as I had a similar problem and PayPal said they needed a crime number – I wasn't going to that kind of hassle for £10 – and the buyer probably knew it…

breatheeasy
    Free Member

uplink – suppose it depends. c/c companies don't really care about anything less than £100 (thats why a lot of scams often get you for £97 or whatever). I think the OP was hinting at a 'clawback' from the card and I must have misread paypals interpretation.

Irrelevant anyway as the standard approach will get resolved.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

thanks guys set up a dispute with the seller via pay pal. just sit and wait i guess.
    not a massive sum of money but £380 is still £380

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘evil bay and "snatching my money back:’ is closed to new replies.