Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Evian lives!
  • aether531
    Free Member

Had a little ride around Peaslake and thought I’d see if anything was happening on W’fold. Turns out the trail fairies have been busy and have resurrected Evian. A bit different than before, but good nonetheless. Well done whoever built it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Shush!

aether531
    Free Member

Yeah sorry. Forgot about the Surrey Hills ‘omerta’!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yeah it looks a bit fresh still.

The seems to be a lot of fresh stuff out Winterfold way, on the same hill as Northern Monkey. The guy who owns the house at the bottom must be so pleased…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is the “drop” – or specifically the little lip – easier or harder than before? How eroded is the section below that?

Havent been up there for months after the felling

aether531
    Free Member

The whole section with the drop is bypassed. I guess it was destroyed with the logging.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Do you mean the gap at the start? If so it’s much bigger, in fact the booter feels like it sends you into orbit. Probably should have checked it out before hitting it blind, the landing is tiny, and decidedly flat in comparison. Still, it tested out the bottom out ability of my new bike 🙂

Unless you mean the bomb hole, if so, the trail goes a different way now, and misses that section out.

skaifan
    Free Member

Looked like mr Mcallister had thrown a digger tantrum a couple of weeks ago.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Meant the old bomb hole. Shame that has gone as it was one of my favourite runs.

Take it that there are bigger jumps now?

nuke

Is it standard now that a first response paramedic is stationed at the top of the climb back up after NM where it joins the road? …he was sat there quite happy in his fold up chair reading a book waiting for ‘customers’ today 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its was not a “drop”, its a “bomb hole” or a “roll in” 👿

Many thanks to whoever has done the work. Back a while ago we tried to get Orange Claw hammer back but we soon realised that was going to take quite a bit of time. Far more than two bods could do in an hour.

deadkenny
    Free Member

skaifan – Member
    Looked like mr Mcallister had thrown a digger tantrum a couple of weeks ago.

Had noticed he’d re-blocked off everything. He never seems to touch the trails though, just entrances and exits.

Evian is different land owner though, new one that got the hump over the industrial scale digging and thus told the loggers to flatten the lot.

jambalaya – Member
    Many thanks to whoever has done the work. Back a while ago we tried to get Orange Claw hammer

Think I saw an attempt at clearing it but went back a little later and seemed a mess again. I so miss the tree jump though 🙁

aether531
    Free Member

Yeah the tree jump was fun. Might have been sketchy with these new fangled super wide bars though.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I judged it to be just a little bit wider than 750 as not much clearance with mine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Evian lives!’ is closed to new replies.