• This topic has 58 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Everyones going to the Alps but me :0(
  • hora
    Free Member

:0(

thomthumb
    Free Member

i'm not.

thomthumb
    Free Member

not until saturday!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im not. Never have done tho. Maybe in the winter strapped to a fancy ironing board.

:crosses fingers:

pegglet
    Free Member

me neither,AND i live in f*kin Norfolk…

Bedds
    Free Member

Nor me…

Don't have any plans to either.. are we helping? 😉

uplink
    Free Member

me neither,AND i live in f*kin Norfolk…

or me – I'm actually going to Norfolk this year for a family boating fortnight

Jim-bob
    Free Member

Maybe next year, just enjoy being a new dad this year? Enough on yer plate already.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm going to Norfolk in the summer for some skiing.

andylux
    Free Member

I'm not, I'm lucky if I get to harlestone firs at the mo with a heavily preg expecting wife….. I'm day dreaming of Wales let alone the Alps!!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Chamonix and Verbier for me later in the summer 8)
    3 long weekends in the Lakes already
    and 3 weeks of snowboarding earlier this year
    sweet.

the-muffin-man

I'm not, and probably never will!

hora
    Free Member

Maybe next year, just enjoy being a new dad this year? Enough on yer plate already.

I know, everytime I have the pang of regret I remind myself of this. Still, it feels like all the other kids in class are going away on holiday and I'm being held back and sitting alone!

DickBarton

I'm not either…in fact I don't seem to be riding my bike as much as everyone else is either…parenting and havign the other half working different work patterns means I have 1 night a week to ride (or do anything else that needs my time) – I seem to be maintaining a rather poor level of fitness but my skill level is going backwards…royal pain in the hoop but such is life…it will improve…no point getting down about it – it was my choice!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I'm not, I'm going to the Pyrenees and Catalonia, it's going to be hell 8)

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Plenty of local riding but its also been a cracking year getting to ride in nice places outside of sunny Scotland …Moab in the March, Mega Avalanche in 2 weeks and looking like a Vancouver trip coming up this September 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

I am torn, new dad too, but also have a quick weekender to Morzine planned/booked, even built a bike especially to take….
    Got a family holiday planned 4 days after I get back so thats eased my guilt.

hora
    Free Member

tinsy- how are you working it/logistically etc?

grumm
    Free Member

Me neither – I still need to rest for about a week after a short ride so count yourself lucky!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was planning on going but there is no way my one year old will sit in the car for more than a couple of hours at a time and then she needs a minimum of 30 minutes out of the car. It makes for a very long journey.

freeridenick
    Free Member

why would you want to take 1 year old to the alps 😯

Mister-P
    Free Member

Because going to the Alps is not just about riding, it was going to be a family holiday that included a little bit of biking but mainly hiking, eating and chilling out.

hora
    Free Member

why would you want to take 1 year old to the alps

Better than Lanzarotte IMO 🙂

binners

I'm going to be sending you regular updates from Passporte du Soleil you collossal bell-end. I think you should be supplied a pictorial record of what your missing. And all the fun we're having. Possibly on the hour, every hour. 🙂 Muhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

I consider that this is perfectly justifiable on the grounds that when my two were younger and higher maintenance, you would still mither me to go riding every weekend, then fail to comprehend why I couldn't!

Do you know how long I've been looking forward to extracting this revenge? 😀

freeridenick
    Free Member

hora – your right there.

Easyjet can work out very cheap if you go mid week. Often cheaper than driving.

tinsy
    Free Member

In what way Hora?

hora
    Free Member

you would still mither me to go riding every weekend, then fail to comprehend why I couldn't!

Yes I do remember this clearly. I also remember saying to Lisa- he must be making it up! It can't be that hard can it! 😕 😳 (ARSE!)

tinsy- basically Im looking for a way I can get out there on the sly with minimal collateral damage when I get back!

johnikgriff
    Free Member

me neither, sorry, no wait, yes I am……Chamonix the week after next. 😆

tinsy
    Free Member

I see, well I booked up a week away for the family about the same time so I was niether good guy nor bad guy at home so thats helped with that.

I have trimmed my trip back a bit compared to the other lads too, it was only a 4 night long weekend, but they are driving out, I have booked myself and 1 other pal to fly out but only do 3 nights there, its cost a bit more to do but is justified by being back home with the family sooner and also getting an extra days work in (brownie points).
    (no paid holidays you see)
    All I will be missing out on really, is hours in a car and the last nights pi55 up followed by more hours in the car.

I do gain however by flying an afternoon of the first day there bashing Plenny run whilst the others are still sat in the car, so clawed a little of the mountain time back by flying.

Somewhere in that mix I got some emotional blackmail wich cost me another week away with the family, but a weeks holiday with the ones I love is no hardship, just the £££££ stings a bit.

Tracey

We will be going this year as we have done every year since 2004, however due to Katie having to have an operation in July next year we will have to miss it. Kevin has offered to stay at home with Katie so that Abigale and me can get one week in but I know given the circumstances I wont enjoy it.
    If it all goes OK she will only be off the bike for 6 months.

Tracey

GaryLake
    Free Member

I know, everytime I have the pang of regret I remind myself of this. Still, it feels like all the other kids in class are going away on holiday and I'm being held back and sitting alone!

Not been yet, not going this year, first kid due in October… can I join this club you've started?

Dad's not doing the alps anonymous?

Drac

I'm not going but my friends are off tomorrow to Verbier, well Le Chable.

tinsy
    Free Member

NO NO NO… Garylake you and Hora book one up today, your making me feel like a bad dad!!

ourmaninthenorth

Not going, and Mrs is expecting.

I'm getting enough grief about Mayhem this weekend..!

juan
    Free Member

I am not going to the alps… Actually I don't need to go to the alps I live there 😈

rockhopper70

I'm going and the mrs is off to Marbella with her mates tomorrow for the same duration. So what she spends is my budget. !!!

nickegg
    Free Member

I am!

Long weekend to watch the Champery round of the DH World Cup (which just happens to coincide with my cousins wedding) and a week with The White Room.

Dancake
    Free Member

Maybe when my Son has grown up and my Wife has left me but other wise, Norfolk and Chance

hora
    Free Member

I want to see good pics though and lots of them. 😀

sambob
    Free Member

im not 🙁 going to devon for 3 weeks though and might be going up to fort bill in early september 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Everyones going to the Alps but me :0(’ is closed to new replies.