Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Everyone needs a hobby!
  • Milkie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0TlECFbjvM[/video]
    His blog – Richards Reactor

rkk01
    Free Member

If convicted, Handl could face fines or up to two years in prison.

Or a job offer in the US, China, Pakistan, Iran….

Cougar

Is it just me with flashbacks of Young Einstein?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Righteo!

anyone got any old smoke detectors?

jon1973
    Free Member

he kept a blog about his experiments, describing how he created a small meltdown on his stove.

pure class

McHamish
    Free Member

It’s fine…he’s wearing a white lab coat.

He must know what he’s doing.

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

How would one even procure uranium? I mean it’s not like you can buy it on eBay or from your local Tesco

Milkie
    Free Member

He almost makes it look easy, shame its highly illegal and highly dangerous! 😯

LoCo
    Free Member

he now acknowledges the project wasn’t such a good idea

😆

http://youtu.be/C_VHZFi1GhM

Cougar

How would one even procure uranium?

Pop culture would suggest Lybian terrorists.

rkk01
    Free Member

Interesting – and worrying… What constitutes “nuclear material”??

As a mining geologist I once had a trip to the Urgeiriça Mine, Portugal – which included the collection of mineral samples for academic study. IIRC there were crystals of torbernite (uranyl phosphate) and zippeite (uranyl sulphate) – the torbernite being a striking luminescent green colour!!

jon1973
    Free Member

Pop culture would suggest Lybian terrorists.

Do they have a website? do they accept Mastercard?

chvck
    Free Member

Do they have a website? do they accept Mastercard?

Nah paypal, gift only mind

sor
    Free Member

How would one even procure uranium? I mean it’s not like you can buy it on eBay or from your local Tesco

Although the “Customers who bought this also bought…” links are a little bit frightening.

Milkie
    Free Member

Although the “Customers who bought this also bought…” links are a little bit frightening.

Mines come up with Geniune Squirrel Underpants, Canned Unicorn Meat and other really random stuff.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I remember trying to make a rocket when I was about 12.

I wrapped the heads of a dozen matches in tin foil and sellotaped them around the end of a Bic pen (the rocket). I then the rocket against a brick (launch pad) and lit the matches. I stood back and awaited the thrust to lift the rocket clear of the launch pad and soar into the sky leaving an arcing vapour trail.

The pen fell over and the matches heads fizzed and popped a bit. Houston….we are shit at rocketeering!

turboferret

Is that where your username originated?

😆

Cheers, Rich

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

Haha, and the fact that there are 298 customer reviews for it 😯

People all over the world are probably trying to split atoms right this minute!

Won’t someone think of the children?!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Do not be fooled by this product. I bought this along with four terrapins and a rat (since I couldnt lay my hands on a warthog and a rhino). I rubbed this product into my skin and gums then rolled around with the terrapins and the rat.

Long story short I did NOT end up with my own crime-fighting mutant superhero team. The rat bit me and I crushed the terrapins. Also I now have a strange rash and Im coughing up blood, whats up with that?

Avoid.

IanMunro
    Free Member

From his blog –

A meltdown on my cooker!!!

No, it not so dangerous. But I tried to cook Americium, Radium and Beryllium in 96% sulphuric-acid, to easier get them blended. But the whole thing exploded upp in the air…

I’d be equally concerned by his 60 a day habit at the back of the stove.

jon1973
    Free Member

that actually doesn’t look too different from the state of the stove we used to have when I was in digs at University.

rondo101
    Free Member

Is it just me with flashbacks of Young Einstein?

First thing that popped into my head too; especially with the “meltdown on his stove” comment.

derek_starship
    Free Member

But I tried to cook Americium, Radium and Beryllium in 96% sulphuric-acid, to easier get them blended.

I bet Heston’s shitting himself.

maccruiskeen

Yellow glass of a certain vintage is coloured with uranium.

Used to work in a museum and we had to empty out the whole building in preparation for some asbestos removed work. The building was over 100 years old so there were items that had been in the store for that long too. There had been a fire in the early years of the museum some exhibits were lost and some documentation was lost too, and even after a century its didn’t all tally up. So the move was a opportunity to square everything up.

First box we opened – Mineral Asbestos – exactly what we were trying to protect the collection from
    Second box we opened – Uranium
    Third box we opened was empty but it should have contained “A giant hair ball that killed a horse” according to the label

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Everyone needs a hobby!’ is closed to new replies.