Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Every once in a while, the stereotype fulfills itself….
  • Cougar

Comedian Bill Bailey had his “tour bus” stolen before he performed at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.

Why’s “tour bus” in inverted commas? Was he touring in a Fiat 500 or something?

nickc

which stereotype is this fulfilling?

comedians on twitter?

JulianA
    Free Member

which stereotype is this fulfilling?

Stuff WILL get nicked in Scouseland, I’m guessing. Just a hunch.

slowoldman

Those “inverted commas” are cropping up lot on the BBC website these days. Such as Man “dies” after accident. Eh?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Those “inverted commas” are cropping up lot on the BBC website these days. Such as Man “dies” after accident. Eh?

I “kinda” agree with you.

GrahamS

Why’s “tour bus” in inverted commas? Was he touring in a Fiat 500 or something?

A Mercedes Sprinter according to the article.

So not exactly a five-star Winnebago with on-board jacuzzi.

matt_outandabout

Having lived in Liverpool, and having a Scouse mum, I can confirm the “if it is not bolted down, it will get nicked. If it is bolted down, they have a spanner.” Liverpool experience….

Bregante

To be fair there are sprinters and then there are sprinters.

matt_outandabout

To be fair there are sprinters and then there are sprinters

This is Bill Bailey we are talking about?

More likely to have a couple of crates to sit on, and somewhere to store the carbon extending Swiss horn….

perchypanther
    Free Member

……and this is why, when driving a car, you should never run over a scouser on a bike.

It might be your bike.

eddie11
    Free Member

……and this is why, when driving a car, you should never run over a scouser on a bike.

It might be your bike.

😆

maccruiskeen

surely everyone in liverpool is ****ing a comedian

presumably they thought the tour bus was a pool car. 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

What gets me is ‘so called Islamic State’

What’s with the so called?

It is what it is and they are who they say they are. Stop trying to belittle it on title. Retarded reporting. And every night, we get an opinion rather than the actual news.

Argh.

eddie11
    Free Member

It is what it is and they are who they say they are. Stop trying to belittle it on title. Retarded reporting. And every night, we get an opinion rather than the actual news.

Argh.

because many more legitimate branches of Islam feel 1) its not for them to declare a caliphate or 2) what they are doing in this caliphate is not particularly Islamic. many other countries are refusing to recognise their claim to this title at all in their reporting.

bearnecessities

Think it’s actually a rare occasion of responsible reporting. ,”So called” is a measure to avoid all Islam being associated with these scary loons.

I think.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Islam AND Scousers in the first page?

Ooooh, this is going to be a doozy!

*Opens biscuits*

(They’re Chocolate Olivers, BTW. Plenty to go around)

kilo

am I missing something – so called Islamic State have knicked Bill Bailey’s van?

bearnecessities

‘So called’ Bill Bailey.

maccruiskeen

Its the word ‘state’ and whether statehood has been recognised in international law. The ‘Islamic State of Iraq and Syria’ is just a name – there is no recognised State. So the phrase ‘So called’ is used because the word ‘state’ is being used incorrectly or untruthfully.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW8OkSJvhvE[/video]

slowoldman
    loddrik
    Free Member

Brendan Burns is a bit shite isn’t he? Judging by the clip above. Maybe it helps if you’re drunk.

maccruiskeen

Brendan Burns is a bit shite isn’t he?

1.16-1.19

😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Every once in a while, the stereotype fulfills itself….’ is closed to new replies.