• This topic has 43 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by grey.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Everday carry
  • cat69uk
    Free Member

Stumbled across this website everydaycarry.com and can’t decide if it is weird or brilliant?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Bit of both I think. Although the bit of weird is bigger.

ElShalimo

The idea of having practical stuff with many uses is fine but I think the Americans just go too far as a culture.
    Example: I need a pen, so I’ll make a bolt-action pen made from metal (‘cos I’m hard), then I’ll make it with a tungsten tipped bolt to smash laminated glass (‘cos I’m always rescuing people from crashed cars on fire), then I’ll add a video about how to use the pen as a self-defence weapon to gouge eyes out etc etc etc.
    It’s almost as if they all see themselves as amateur John McClane (nice seasonal reference).
    Fectards! All of them !!!

wilburt
    Free Member

I carry a pencil most days

scaredypants

try waddyameanwaltermitty.com
    they sure know their military-grade toothpicks

darrell
    Free Member

are you a survivalist prepper?

there are loads of sites like this – most in the USA

and it’s shortened to EDC

for example

Cougar

I think the Americans just go too far as a culture.

The last time I looked at an EDC site some of the stuff the Americans, well, carry every day is eye-opening to say the least. Wallet, pen, phone, multi-tool, Glock 30, keys… wait, back up one…

footflaps

I think the Americans just go too far as a culture.

You mean you don’t always carry an AR-15 and 2000 rounds when you nip out for some milk?

perchypanther
    Free Member

My EDC is named Liam.

I’ve been carrying that lazy, feckless, waste of space every weekday for two years.

RustySpanner

Contents of manly rucksac:

Swiss Army Knife.
    Phone.
    Kindle.
    Wallet.
    Reading Specs.
    Bottle of water.
    An apple.
    A camera.
    Chargers.
    Half a packet of Rollos, possibly Revels/Minstrels/Maltesers.
    Spare pair of socks.
    Headtorch.

squirrelking
    Free Member

You mean you don’t always carry an AR-15 and 2000 rounds when you nip out for some milk?

Is that all? Seriously under prepared…

http://hdvidzy.com/video/file/my-new-and-improved-edc-every-day-carry-Os9WEA_Or9s

whitestone
    Free Member

Current contents of bum bag (fanny pack or manbag if you prefer)

Wallet
    Phone
    Cheap reading glasses
    Memory stick
    Tube of cold sore cream

As for the American prepper sites: well you never know just when the thermo-nuclear winter zombie federal ex-wife pinko-liberal apocalypse is going to happen.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

A towel is the only thing you need

ElShalimo

C’mon everyone knows the mantra…. wallet, keys, spectacles & testicles
    Everything else is not an EDC

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hoopy

maccruiskeen

Phone

Wallet

Keys

The weight of all the worlds worries.

footflaps

Nice 80s sci fi reference 🙂

maccruiskeen

I find it difficult to leave home without my testicles

gecko76

Hashcashkeysfagsphone

dudeofdoom

Yep probably more chance of going home without them (after a good bad OTB moment.)

Cougar

Nice 80s sci fi reference

70s.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Insert borrowing wife’s handbag joke here…

P-Jay
    Free Member

I love though list, some seriously insecure people about ha ha.

Wallet, keys, phone – if you can’t do it with that, you can’t do it.

In my car I’ve got a multihead screw driver, a collection of patch leads, a gaggle of USB flash and an external HDD, if I can’t do it with that, it can’t be done (or more truthfully I need to call a proper techie to fix it).

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

HA HA! LOL! (C’mon everyone knows the mantra…. wallet, keys, spectacles & testicles
    Everything else is not an EDC)

That made me laugh!

Sounds like a dyslexic catholic with dyspraxia……

The ACTUAL mantra is “Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch!

dudeofdoom

Go bags where its at 🙂

Gotta have your go bag ready.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wallet, keys, spectacles & testicles

RAF version, “Testicles, spectacles, wallet and watch”.

Often followed by, “Kick the tyres, light the fires, first one up is leader.”

shermer75
    Free Member

Canoe, obvs

DrP

That site IS interesting…

I backed this kickstarter – i find it useful to have a small knife/bottle opener on me.
    Not for stabbin’ or slashin’, more for, well, cutting and opening stuff….

I don’t think I count as their target audience though…

DrP

richardkennerley

Keys wallet phone

maccruiskeen

I don’t know – when I went for mr pre-op for hernia surgery the nurse explained that

“You’ll be getting two, maybe three stabs” while prodding at my guts with a biro

jimjam
    Free Member

DrP – Member

I backed this kickstarter – i find it useful to have a small knife/bottle opener on me.
    Not for stabbin’ or slashin’, more for, well, cutting and opening stuff….

What do you imagine the target audience for a small knife and key organiser to be other than people who want to organise their keys and have a small knife for cutting and opening stuff?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Do people still carry penknives, keys and other potentially useful accoutrements around with them? I though these days you just call the police if you need a tin of beans opened, or a boy scout removed from a horse’s hoof, or whatever?

jimjam
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member

Do people still carry penknives, keys and other potentially useful accoutrements around with them? I though these days you just call the police if you need a tin of beans opened, or a boy scout removed from a horse’s hoof, or whatever?

There’s an app on your phone for all daily tasks. Only disgruntled Vietnam veterans suffering from PTSD carry anything as dangerous as a penknife as they are totes illegal.

bencooper
    Free Member

Do people still carry penknives, keys and other potentially useful accoutrements around with them? I though these days you just call the police

Problem is, lots of these things will get you lifted by the police 😉

I probably fall somewhere on that list – always have wallet, phone and keys (with Leatherman Squirt and titanium prying thing). Usually also have Leatherman Charge Tti and often a Crunch too, and bit sets.

I like fixing things.

Cougar

I like fixing things.

So ok, so do I.

I’m carrying: watch; keys; micro torch; two phones (personal and work); tablet; wallet; mints; Snickers bar; nail clippers; Swiss Army Knife; hairbrush (in case of surprise meetings); snot rags; tape measure; bunch of USB pendrives; Space Pen; notepad; Philips & flathead screwdrivers; micro USB cable; mini Sharpie; lock picks.

And asbestos trousers after admitting all that. (-:

DrP

What do you imagine the target audience for a small knife and key organiser to be other than people who want to organise their keys and have a small knife for cutting and opening stuff?

🙂

Yeah, not really sure why I said that!

DrP

squirrelking
    Free Member

My daughter will get one of these one day:

http://eu.mnkbusiness.com/clippa-mini-tools-clip/?___store=eu

Cougar

My daughter will get one of these one day:

As novelty multi-tool functions go, “trolley coin” is stark raving genius.

CountZero

There’s an app on your phone for all daily tasks. Only disgruntled Vietnam veterans suffering from PTSD carry anything as dangerous as a penknife as they are totes illegal.

No, they are not. Provided the blade is no longer than 3” and non-locking, it’s perfectly legal to carry a pocket knife in the UK. I usually carry a Spyderco Pingo these days, because it complies with Danish law, and cannot be opened one-handed, unlike the Spyderco Squeak or UK Penknife.
    Mine’s a limited edition made for the UK knife forum Edgematters, and the blade is made from K390 tool steel.
    Handy little knife.

I could have done with a screwdriver or a small pry bar yesterday, among all the other stuff I carry, when the door catch jammed on a van I was delivering after I stopped for fuel, and I couldn’t shut the sodding door!
    Ended up using the spare key as a pry bar to force it down so the door would close.
    I always have a good small flashlight and a headtorch with me for inspecting cars in the dark, a regular occurrence during the winter, for example of part of my EDC, a,one with pens, Sharpies, phone charging leads, 12v adaptors, screen mount, powerpack, for when the 12v doesn’t work…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Pretty sure this guy is all about EDC

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZYphmc-krk[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Everday carry’ is closed to new replies.