Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ever worked for the RM at Xmas?
  • scotroutes

Just thinking about supplementing my income for a couple of months and I see that the local sorting office are advertising for temporary staff over the festive season. I can be very flexible regarding shifts etc so that wouldn’t be an issue for me.

fasthaggis

You want to handle some festive highland packages?

darrell
    Free Member

about 20 year ago to give me a bit of extra money. Did shifts for 12 week. Was a bit of a laugh and enjoyed it then. Was sorting stuff or loading/ unloading vans

easy money

cynic-al
    Free Member

With that red fat bike you’d be straight on deliveries.

Seriously though, I don’t think you get a desk with an internet terminal, you might have to so end your day working 😛

rOcKeTdOg

I did. It’s hard dirty manual work but good fun. It’ll also be mad busy at Xmas, so expect the regulars to be stressed and as a temp to get the shitty jobs but if you can tell one post code from another, can read & work fast under pressure it’s easy

JoeG
    Free Member

You’re just going to look for shipments of bike parts, have them declared “dangerous” because of an air shock or CO2 cartridge, and then take care of the disposal… 😉

DavidB
    Free Member

Yes, postman threatened me with death if I delivered any parcels (tips) on his round AND if I got back within 3.5 hours of leaving on a plus point he directed me to a good cafe to “wait out my time”.

kayak23

but if you can tell one post code from another, can read & work fast under pressure it’s easy they won’t want you…

ftfy 😉

z1ppy

M8 signed up to work last xmas, they promised him full time work for the temporary period. He never actually got a full week in once, or anything like the hours promised. The xmas postage/deliveries were down and so he was screwed over, as they simply didn’t want/need the temp workers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ever worked for the RM at Xmas?’ is closed to new replies.