Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Ever had to get off and walk because a headwind was so strong?
  • irc

Had to walk the first half of the Humber Bridge during a Lands End – JOG. But the worst wind I’ve experienced was in the northern corries of Cairngorm. Heard a gust coming, crouched down, but still got blown in to the air and dumped 6 feet away.

senorj

I once had to pedal DOWN the old Keswick Coach Road in a blizzard!!
    Both the downhills to the gate and then the quarry!!

It took 3 weeks before the numbness of the cold left my fingers!

Forever known to me and my mates as “coachroad cold” .

I hate the wind.

parkesie
    Free Member

map board wheelie that sounds like a pisser.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

That’s three Harris ones so far – maybe we should form a support group.

binners

We had to turn back from the top of Blackstone Edge on a night ride. Its about as exposed as it gets up there. I was leaning my full (not-insubstantial) body-weight into the wind to stay upright. Then it started hail-stoning.

Gale force winds and Horizontal hail-stones? while wearing shorts? **** that! I’m off back to the car, then the pub

Stu_N

There was one day on Harris that it was too windy to ride. At one point we were really concerned that the car was going to get blown off the road. And it’s the only place I have seen a significant waterfall go up the way.

Still, once the Atlantic storm had blown over it was one of the most amazing places I have ever been.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Ever had to get off and walk because a headwind was so strong?’ is closed to new replies.