Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Ever had a liver infection?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Did you die?

Doctor thinks i might have a liver infection. Blood test results back next Tuesday. For about 2 weeks now ive been feeling utterley exhausted, legs feel like they have ran 10 miles and my arms feel likey they want to drop off (haven’t done any exercise for 2 weeks) and (laugh as you wish) my number 2s float which apparently is a sympton. Also ive noticed my wee to be a slightly rusty brownish colour

Hepatitis has been mentioned, i gather this is quite common.

Whats your experiences?

scaredypants

I’d stay away from the internet on this one – even just googling hepatitis never mind liver infections, will offer you multiple causes (not all infective) and therefore loads of processes and outcomes.

Your symptoms are pretty vague and could imply loads of “diagnoses” but yeah, pale floaty turds and dark piss suggests you’re not getting rid of some pigments by the normal (bile) route.

Easy to say, I know, but wait for the result & talk to your doc.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I haven’t but I once had an elderly magpie who had an extremely serious liver infection, he very almost died until the correct antibiotic was established after which he made a complete recovery. (He died several years later at the age of 16 from cardiac arrest)

The point being that the liver has an amazing and fairly unique ability to repair and regenerate, if it’s given the chance.

http://www.shef.ac.uk/oncology/units/surgicaloncology/research/lrg/research/iv

globalti
    Free Member

Get yourself referred to a physician.

mrchrispy

homoeopathy is what you need. have you thought about crystals?

/gets coat

best of luck

daftvader
    Free Member

Yes, about 8 years ago so I think I didn’t die… Same fatigue symptoms but also combined with severe case of the squits. Didn’t think too much of it, just thought I’d got a basic virus that was going round and kept working till I collapsed and ended up in hospital on iv fluid and antibiotics for 24 hrs. Then a further 3 weeks of antibiotics and total rest till I felt vaguely human again. Hepatitis was mentioned by one Dr but a consultant said that he was always seeing hep as it was so prevalent where he was from! Tests showed severe liver infection only

hora
    Free Member

OP had any unprotectected sex etc with a new partner recently? If you are mentioning Hep- it can be caught many ways but the classic is dalliance. Hope its not Hep. Its controllable though.

Mr Chrispy- hijack! I think we are in the clear (parking ticket) 😀

hora
    Free Member

OP- there may be something going round virally. I had something start 4weeks- progressed into flu like symptoms then I had dark piss, really strong smelling poo and currently I’m on Amoxcylln as I’ve got a chest infection. I’ve felt faint/weak- the whole range. Yesterday I had a mental headache two days in the antibiotics- viral reacting?

So potentially it could be this virus thats doing the rounds- hope so and I hope its not Hep.

footflaps

my number 2s float which apparently is a sympton

Mine have always floated and I’m still alive.

bones
    Free Member

Did your Dr ask about the floaters, or was that one of the things you were concerned about?

edward2000
    Free Member

Bones it was an observation which I mentioned. Had no idea if it was relevant, turns out it possibly is. Hora, been with the same lady since 2008. Ernie, vote Conservative.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie, vote Conservative.

Well I’ll certainly consider it since you say it in such a persuasive manner, but I can’t make any promises and you might be a little disappointed.

HughStew

I had Bilharzia about 20 years ago, which while it isn’t a liver infection, does compromise your liver function. I frequently felt weak and tired, was really bad after even mild drinking, in bed for 3 days feeling awful, and generally run down. Parasite was got rid of, but it took a good 2 or 3 years to return normality.

Get yourself to a doc asap.

DrP

Pale sticky poo… Dark wee?

DrP

welshfarmer

About 27 years ago I turned yellow, was sick, and got admitted to the uni clinic where I remained for a week. Nasty case of Jaundice/Hep A, related to glandular fever. Still here now :-). I was told not to drink alcohol for 6 months, which being a student I completely ignored after a week. Get it checked out asap as any permanent damage to the liver can come back and haunt you later in life.

fruitbat

I had severe jaundice about 15 years ago. Turned very very yellow skin, yellow eyeballs, floaty, light coloured poos, dark brown wee wee, very very itchy all over, knackered.

Off work for 6 weeks. Had various tests including ERCP.

Treatment was just to give my liver a rest by not eating any fatty stuff or any other stuff that’s processed in the liver.

The docs never found the cause but likely an infection caught while in hospital for the snip.

welshfarmer

Ah yes, the itching. Drove me nuts!

edward2000
    Free Member

Itching! I have noticed I itch a lot more recently. I saw the docs on Thursday, I get some tests back Tuesday and I’ll see the doc again same day.

Today’s been dire though, couldn’t get up this am, could hardly do any work (thankfully I work from home) and fell asleep at 4pm.

vonplatz
    Free Member

I’ve got glandular fever and an inflamed liver according to blood work. I feel generally fatigued, can’t face going out on the bike, sore throat and generally unwell. I’ve been told no booze for 4 months and no sport that could result in trauma to abdomen like judo and er… Mtb?! Shame as I’ve got a holiday booked in the alps for early July.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

What colour are your eyeballs?

edward2000
    Free Member

Normal, I’m not jaundice yet, the doc checked me out on Thursday.

It sucks though, all I’ve done is sleep most the afternoon. Not even got the energy or inclination to leave the house.

matt303uk

I’d wait for the results, I went through all this a few years ago, had no energy so had some blood tests. They’ll work through tests for regular viral Hepatitis types, then start looking at stuff like your copper levels. Your urine going dark and sometimes your stools going light is due to your kidneys having to remove ‘stuff’ your liver would normally.

With me it turned out to be autoimmune hepatitis and I’ve not had another episode since finding the right medication. I’ve also known people where it’s simply been a reaction to some medication they’ve been taking.

Best of luck and hope they pin down the cause quickly.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Ever had a liver infection?’ is closed to new replies.