Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Ever been tempted to stop off a McD's whilst on a long ride??
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Well have you?

I was so close on Saturday…. “must resist, must resist”

NZCol

Have done it once in Moab during an adventure race !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not while riding, but I have sometimes failed to resist the doublesausageandeggmcmuffinwithhashbrownandlargehwitecoffee temptation 🙂

t_i_m
    Free Member

no, never.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I usually pop in before llandegla, with a hangover, and nearly throw up half way around.

TooTall
    Free Member

Sanctimonious regulars to the thread please! Form an orderly queue for the usual.

donsimon
    Free Member

Not many McDs on the mountains I’m used to riding, which, I think, is a good thing.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ever been tempted to stop off a McD’s

Just once in the last 18 years after SW4 festival. What I’d already put in my body that had led me to this moment of idiocy was, most probably, worse for me.

Dancake
    Free Member

I usually pop in before llandegla, with a hangover, and nearly throw up half way around.

good man.

lowey

Yep.. had a breaky there on the way to the trails many a time.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Don’t bother trying the drive thru, H&S, they won’t serve you 🙁

crazy-legs

I’ll pop in after long races if there’s one nearby. I remember doing a race at Thetford many years ago and stopped at the local MaccyD afterwards. Pretty much every Elite XC MTBer in the country was in there. 😉

We stopped at one after doing SITS as a Pair – both of us absolutely wrecked and honestly, no food* has ever tasted so good!

* I realise that the word “food” is possibly not 100% accurate when describing McDonalds but after 24hrs of energy drink, gels, bars etc, having a fat blowout was much needed! 🙂

Wouldn’t ever have one mid-ride though.

stumpy01

Erm…..I have a McD’s brekkie quite regularly on the way to meet people for a ride.

Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin meal with a white coffee, please….

Mmmmmmm.

Not yet ridden anywhere that’s taken me past a McD’s mid-ride though, although when i was at uni we used to go on night rides along the grand union & stop halfway for a bag of chips……

MSP

Stopped at McD’s quite few times while touring, although I prefer burger king.

kudos100
    Free Member

occasionally I will stop at the golden arches after a ride and stuff myself full of carbs and a bit of protein. As my diet is 90% clean and I have a fast metabolism I can get away with it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hahaha, I mean whilst riding.. not pre-post munchathon..

I hammered myself to near death on Saturday, coming off a steep chalky hill near where I live there is a McD’s at the bottom near the roundabout, I normally ride past it, but after 3hours playing XCRaceBouy I was soooooooooo tempted…..

I do stop there for the breakfasts and coffee, can’t see owt wrong with that..

_tom_
    Free Member

Not during a ride but sometimes when driving home at night you can’t beat a 99p double cheeseburger.

Edukator
    Free Member

Regularly when touring in Europe. 1e a burger with locally-sourced ingredients, a comfortable seat in the dry and you can see the bikes through the window.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Quite regularly I’ll stop off on the way to ride for a double sausage and egg and a poo.

skiprat
    Free Member

Oh my god…i can’t believe some of you people even eat that bla bla bla!!!!

Not on the way round but yes sometimes on the way to a ride or on the way back i may stop for a quick feed. They are getting smaller tho.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Aren’t they the official olympic restaurant or something like that? So must be good for you if it’s endorsed by all those professional athletes 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Or your hands are getting bigger..

Common complaint as you get older..

hahahahahahahahahaa

skiprat
    Free Member

tis true bb, have to have 6 nuggets too just to fill my small belly!!! haha

molgrips
    Free Member

I have, a fair few times. When you are slogging home after an epic all day that’s taken hours longer than expected, you’re cold and wet and on the verge of collapse through extreme hunger, riding past any kind of food is not really happening.

Down here in the Valleys there are plenty of them around too.

I often stop at BK at service stations on the way back from races, but that’s through lack of choice. However after one 100km event I felt utterly terrible – really bad headache, nauseous, in a pretty poor state and we stopped at a BK and within seconds of eating my first french fry I felt absolutely fine again. And I had been (or thought I had been) nourishing myself well throughout the race.

I suspect some kind of salt deficiency or hydration problem, but I dunno. I’d had recovery drink and fluids and whatnot after the race of course.

djglover
    Free Member

Burger King is so much better.

theotherjonv

No, but I have done a late night night ride with a mate where we stashed 2 tins of beer in the undergrowth on a hill early on in the ride, so we could call back there later to collect them and then go down to muzzy’s kebab van so we can have beer and kebabs mid ride*

* Not strictly mid ride, after the kebab we only had about a 3 mile gentle meander back to the car, the other 30 something miles had been knocked out pre-kebab. Even those 3 miles with warm lager and chilli sauce flavoured burps were a bit of a challenge.

john_drummer
    Free Member

No. But as I’m never tempted in there anyway, it’s hardly surprising.

Not that I do much riding these days

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Coffee with an extra espresso in +4 sugars and an apple pie. All the fuel needed for the journey home.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve got a Wimpy on the wayhome.

thomthumb
    Free Member

never been near one on a long ride.

KFC FTW after racing.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve been served at the drive-thru whilst on my bike. It was at night and there was no issue whatsoever.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sometimes after rides if desperate but I just have a kids meal to keep me going until proper food.

bazookajoe
    Free Member

During pedal for scotland a few years back. No food/snacks left at the first food stop (Drumpellier park) and me, wife and no.1 daughter (10 at time) were starving so seemed a logical decision. Happy meals all round, yay! Must have been in Coatbridge I think, and had to cycle through the drive thru as inside was being refurbed or something.

NJA

Yes – had breakfast at the one in Conset on day 3 of the C2C ride last year.

Sausage & Egg Mcmuffin and black coffee.

Rode like a God all the way to Tynemouth (It was downhill and back wind).

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve got a Wimpy on the wayhome.

We all feel like that after a day in the saddle..

hahahrdy har har.

Harry_the_Spider

Stopped in one near Barnsley for a McShit with lies.

“Just going to the khazi, I’ll order something in a mo.”

trail_rat
    Free Member

i would in europe – because macdonalds on the continent seems to be a totally different affair …

france and holland macdonalds are actually edible – you couldnt pay me to eat one in the uk they are soggy messes

id still rather some fresh food but you cant really beat a “mcpoo” when it comes to having been shitting in the woods for a week 😉

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Yes – had breakfast at the one in Consett on day 3 of the C2C ride last year.

Sausage & Egg Mcmuffin and black coffee.

Rode like a God all the way to Tynemouth (It was downhill and back wind).

It’s always a tail wind. You should have stopped at fell haven though at the the top of Crawleyside bank though, you’re a brave man stopping around here…

Sancho
    Free Member

Hell Yes.
    When out on a North Leeds ride, Its good to stop off at Mac Ds for a refuel.
    It dosent matter if youre putting 25 miles in, in tight woodland singletrack, you can eat what you like.

jimster
    Free Member

Nope, never, the pub, plate of chips and a pint, now you’re talking. 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Ever been tempted to stop off a McD's whilst on a long ride??’ is closed to new replies.