Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Events like Tuscany Trail that don't happen during school holidays?
  • aP
    Free Member

** sighs ** Looks like I’ve fallen into the half term “no children holiday ban” again. Apart from no one else having booked holidays yet during that week, and it being first come first served.
    So what else to do that’s similar to Tuscany Trail that doesn’t take part during a school holiday?
    Apart from changing jobs obviously…

jameso

6th Sept? Torino-Nice Rally

ianfitz
    Free Member

Your employer wont let people with out children have annual leave in schools holidays? Is that legal?

Anyway, there was a suggestion of an event from turin to the med coast via some high level old military roads. I try to find a link…

ianfitz
    Free Member

here you are – 6th September start – http://torino-nice.weebly.com/home.html

pistonbroke
    Free Member

What about this, Catalunya north to south which is 400 miles, self supported and finishes about 20 km from where I live. Max time limit 5 days.Term time as we’ll.

kilo

Bit different but sani2c is in mid-may (12-14th)and we have a spare entry in the race category

Poopscoop

pistonbroke – Member

What about this, Catalunya north to south which is 400 miles, self supported and finishes about 20 km from where I live. Max time limit 5 days.Term time as we’ll.

That looks incredible! Would just about kill me though. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks like I’ve fallen into the half term “no children holiday ban” again. Apart from no one else having booked holidays yet during that week, and it being first come first served.

Do a quick chat email around the people who would be doing the half term with kids and see if they are planning something.

richardthird

Torino-Nice Rally looks right up my street, thanks for posting.

thenorthwind

Torino-Nice looks great!

aP
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions – after an amount of full and frank discussion regarding the relative merits of allowing those with children to have ultimate rights over the holiday plans of those who choose not to have children, and the likelihood of those without children feeling terribly keen to stay at aforementioned company it appears that I can have that time off.
    I do like the look of both Torino-Nice and the CAT 700 and will keep them in mind for next year.

hofnar
    Free Member

Not to keen on Sani 2C as its way too manicured trails and to crowded. Can not recomend http://www.freedomchallenge.org.za/ enough Though thats about three weeks. There is a week or faster event Race 2 rhodes in june there is amarch event race to Cradock but that one’s full already.

There is also the touring (semi) guided version of race 2 rhodes in september. For the adventurous people not afraid of a bit of carrying shoving a bike and map reading a wonderfull event.

It is by far the best bike experience of my life(I have done the spring ruide and the full 26 stage race(took 3 weeks as I got injured)

Its a bit remote at times so ya should either have mates of be adventurous. Some days I didn’t see another competitor except forr breakfast or dinner

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Events like Tuscany Trail that don't happen during school holidays?’ is closed to new replies.