Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Event Entries
  • haibikeboy
    Free Member

ok just testing the water. Roughly how many riders would you expect to enter an untimed but supported and waymarked event? 25 – 40 miles with 3 checkpoints, food stops route maps, signposts etc? Southwest england early summer??

si77

haibikeboy
    Free Member

thats a bit specific

BoardinBob

474-ish

nakeddave
    Free Member

Assume mtb ride not road? Depends on advertising. 500 is manageable numbers. Some of the wiggle ones have 2000 plus riders turning up!

cynic-al
    Free Member

473?

We are experts you know.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is there a prize for the closest?

Probably depends on how it’s promoted and who you are targeting more than anything else.

mrmo
    Free Member

road / off road, does it clash with anything else, bank holiday or not,

HONC can sell out its 1000+ riders in minutes. But other events get cancelled because they don’t get enough riders.

haibikeboy
    Free Member

thanks for the feedback guys. planning an mtb event which will be 90% off road with a mix of easy and technical trails but no mental stuff so probably aiming at normal trail/leisure riders rather than hardcore racers.Probably quite a lot of climbing though. I’ve looked through the calendar and the proposed date doesn’t seem to clash with anything. Advertising will be through local paper, mtb comics, faceache and twatter.

benji
    Free Member

Sounds rideable on a cross bike, adventure cross sportives are the new niche of sportives. Pin the number on your ass and call it a race.

jam-bo

Exmoor explorer and Devon dirt do ok.

joejac
    Free Member

Hi
    I have unfortunately missed the cut for entry into the wentwood goshawk challenge event. Cant believe how quicky it sold out the first year you could get an entry on the day, great to see how things have progressed. If anyone cant make it I would be happy to buy your entry.

Thanks all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Event Entries’ is closed to new replies.