• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by devs.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Evening STW I need to get rid of my AVG, any advice on new protection software?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

My AVG software is running out and I need to change it for something new, last year at this time I got warnings of viruses and would you believe it the same bullshit this year.

Last year, being a bit sceptical I wasn’t too convinced by the warnings, however since it’s happening again this year coincidentally I think I will swap for something less suspect.

Any recommendation on a full security package for my PC would be very much appreciated.

Junkyard
    Free Member

mse is free

racefaceec90

i use avast (free).it seems to do the job well (so far 😉

MikeG

+1 for mse, or you could use the free version of AVG

adam1330
    Free Member

Avast here as well.

Burls72
    Free Member

I’ve just switched to Comodo after recommendations from a similar thread on here. It’s free and a lot better than avg which I now realise was making my computer run really slowly.

carlosg
    Free Member

I’m on MSE after asking the same question as you last week.HERE

clubber
    Free Member

MSE on all of my computers. Faultless so far.

Cougar

You’re far from the first either, someone asks this at least weekly.

Run a malwarebytes scan, uninstall AVG, install MSE.

druidh
    Free Member

MSE

banginon

Avira free seems to work quietly/quickly in the background.

My daughters Norton trail ran out so on went the free Avira and found a whole pile of malware and trojans that were lurking.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

If you bank with barclays you can get kaspersky free with their (free) online banking.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My AVG recently expired and I wasn’t paying the price this time so went for MSE. seems fine so far.

Xylene
    Free Member

i have BUllguard, but got it thrown in with my laptop when I got it.

My old man has used it for years and never had any issues with it.

Seems to run fine and has a multi pc license which is cheap.

devs
    Free Member

F-Prot although nothing prevents the Fake Anti Virus progs if you are stupid enough to click on them when they 1st appear on a web site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Evening STW I need to get rid of my AVG, any advice on new protection software?’ is closed to new replies.