Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Evans Deansgate – always the same story.
  • piemann
    Free Member

Not got that (extremely common) item in stock. Can order it in for you (as long as you pay the full price up front).

Seriously Evans? You don’t have ANY non-SPD mtb shoes in your shop?

Poor show.

portlyone

More than likely because of the amount of people price matching against the interweb during their lunch break 🙂

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

evans in “not having everything” shocker

binners

Well its a pretty poor show not to have a single pair of non-SPD mtb shoes in a retail unit that size. Last time I popped in they had no Avid disc pads in stock, but could order me some. Unsurprising really. Elixer’s are rare things, aren’t they?

I suppose at the moment it’ll be full of low/midrange road bikes they’re selling at the rate of 3 an hour. And replica Sky kit 😉

piemann
    Free Member

It’s not as if I was looking for anything unusual, just some 5.10 mtb shoes.

As pretty much the biggest brand of non-SPD mtb shoes, I DO find it a bit of a shocker that a supposedly major retailer doesn’t carry them in store.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Singlespeed_Shep – Member

The OP doesn’t mention anything about having “everything” but it does about something

extremely common

Which Evans didn’t have (and should have done imo) in stock.

MSP

Aren’t hotlines (chain reaction) the UK distributer for 5 10’s? Last time I was after some in a shop, the owner told me it was really hard to keep a decent stock of them because CRC basically controlled the market.

acidchunks

Mehvans…I work above the place but buy the majority of my kit from the lbs in Chorlton..

Occasionally go down in my lunch break for a nose about and have noticed their lack of non spud mtb footwear myself.

Oh and mtb handlebars….they have maybe 1 pair of risers… wtf??

bellys
    Free Member

Always use cycle surgery seem to have most things in stock http://www.cyclesurgery.com/store-manchester/content/fcp-content and will price match

piemann
    Free Member

I work near Deansgate, so Evans is convenient for me and I have spent a fair amount of cash in there. The lack of run-of-the-mill stuff does just send me to other shops, especially Cycle Surgery as I live close to them. It does just seem that items I should be able to get quite easily are never stocked.

The Evans website has 5.10s in abundance, but just not in the actual shop – where people might actually want to try them on for size??

Seems counter-productive to me.

AlexSimon

Harry Halls?

monksie
    Free Member

It’s not exactly a huge shop though is it? They have far more bikes in store than similar sized bike shops. A fair range of other items and if you order before 12 or 2 (I can’t remember which), they have it in store the next day. If you don’t want it when you go to pick it up, you get an immediate refund.
    Not too shabby at all.

Joe

They probably sell 1 pair of 5.10 shoes a month.

Rare item…fairly common for middle aged STW’ers who aren’t ninja enough to wear their spudeees…but not a common item at all for a high street bike shop.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Evans look into what is suitable for each store.

Look at online sales, store sales and requests.

IF it is a product that will work will in that postcode they will do their best to put it in that store. With limited store space and big online presence its the best way to run a business.

If more people start ordering and requesting 5:10 shoes in deansgate then’s there’s a good chance they will start stocking them. until then its unlikely.

Pauly

OP – you forgot to mention that if you didn’t like the shoes or if they didn’t fit, you get a full refund.

My better half got a pair of Teva Links from them and was very happy with the service.

You can’t expect all their shops to have everything in stock all the time. No bike shop can.

Also, I doubt very much that 5.10’s are that in demand in-store.

philfive
    Free Member

Evans at chill factore have 5:10 shoes in stock

simmy
    Free Member

All the Manchester stores are good, but I tend to now ring the Chill Factor store before going to see if they have the item in stock and they usually have it in, or they can ring the NCC or Deansgate store and ask them to put it to one side till I get there.

The Chill Factor store seems a good mix of MTB and Road and the other 2 seem more Road based, obviously track as well at the NCC.

Its just the Chill Factor store is 10 mins from me depending on the M60

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i can’t imagine a city centre shop stocking much mountain bike related. Would have thought most of their punters pop in on pashleys for new ankle straps and handle bar tassels

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Evans Deansgate – always the same story.’ is closed to new replies.