Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Evans Cycles ditch the hate press.
  • ratherbeintobago

Good for them

+1

stevious

Great news. Stopped using them a few years ago but they’re back on the list now.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

😀

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Left-wing shoppers flood back to Evans – what click-bait tosh!

colp

Good evans!

oldtalent
    Free Member

Off the list. Bunch of dirty commies.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m loving this approach to curbing the Daily Mail’s hate-speech, get them in the pocket where it hurts. Perfect! 🙂

ampthill

You don’t have to be left wing to find the Daily Mail vile

fin25
    Free Member

Didn’t you get the memo?
    Everyone who doesn’t read the Daily Mail and doesn’t want to marry Katie Hopkins is a frothing at the mouth, rabid Commie.
    Especially that commercial business selling road bikes to IT consultants. Yep, Communism that. 😉

oldnpastit

And in other news, it seems that online advertising is largely worthless.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Haven’t really shopped in Evans much, but needed some tubes the other day and also wanted a cadence sensor.

Was pleasantly surprised when the lads at the counter started googling what I was buying and voluntarily price matching it for me while laughing about how much their manager hates them doing it.

Will probably use them more often now.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Whilst I am not naive enough to see this as than anything more than a publicity stunt/playing to the crowd. I approve 😀

The future for these hate organisations is giving away their arse rag or a subscription audience of fringe loonies. If there is little to no advertising revenue, then it will just be vested interests propping them up, with a diminishing supply of critical thinkers (not that there are many anyway) willing to be part of it.

The content will reflect it and be obvious enough that only the thickest of thick skulled, zero-tolerance crackdown loonies will follow and everyone else will be more than aware. Raging about pot holes and all the other important issues in Britain. Apoplectic about not being able to impose their house dictatorship/rules on everyone else. Their bald heads and little incandescent red faces bursting with internalised rage.

So how will the slippery **** evolve to get their hateful bile and divisive message out to the angry suggestible plebs? Even worse the one’s that have made a few quid (house n$$$$s) who know what’s best for everyone else i.e. moulding people to knuckle under and serve or be like them 😀

igm

The local Evans is two doors down from Wetherspoons.

I wonder if Tim will follow suite?

Well done Evans.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

chestercopperpot – Member
    Whilst I am not naive enough to see this as than anything more than a publicity stunt/playing to the crowd. I approve

It’s also a bit of both though, cutting ads cuts revenue, that hits profits which is where pressure really apples these days.
    Seen some very successful boycott/moves that worked to influence decision making – one here was with a controversial pulp mill and targetting the banks who would finiance it with people moving current and business accounts – enough to make them think.
    These days social media actaully allows for faster more coordinated action on these ideas.
    Or Evans realised they were pissing money up the wall appealing to cyclist hating old facists and decided to make some good publicity out of it 🙂

Poopscoop

I’m sure Evans have a few motivations but I’m still glad they dumped that rag.

I see it’s headlines in shops/online occasionally and the utter *dangerous* rubbish they report as supposed news is appalling sometimes.

You can tell when they are waiting on another pot of bile to come to the boil as they instead run with the standard “Eating (insert pretty much anything here) kills/ makes you live longer (delete as appropriate) according to new research.”

The day after its back to the usual divisive tripe.

Repeat as necessary.

cookeaa

TBH I’m surprised it’s really ‘news’ it’s not like the majority of DM/Express/Sun readers were ever likely to fall into the target demographic for advertising a bicycle shop…

It’s on par with the BNP saying they’re not interested in placing ads in the Guardian…

mehr
    Free Member

Evans have had some cracking deals of late, I bought these the other week https://www.evanscycles.com/scott-grenade-pro-ii-elbow-guards-EV312501 Probably the comfiest/least unobtrusive pair of elbow pads I’ve ever worn (haven’t tested crashing with them, yet)

They still have all sizes in stock

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ mikesmith – The more the better. Hope it snowballs into a movement and doesn’t just stop at the Daily Mail, but includes all similar and affiliated organisations and the shape shifting offshoots. Needs to be come something of public ridicule that only fringe arseclowns are in to.

I’m quite enjoying the thought of the loonies buying multiple copies to keep their snide, diversionary, shit stirring rag going 😆

oikeith

And in other news, it seems that online advertising is largely worthless.

Two good reads with points I agree with, I think digital marketing isn’t all that…

Maybe even worth its own thread on the other forum.

For Evans, I stopped shopping there when other places started doing collect plus and they stuck with Royal Mail (RM just doesnt work for me). As for the Daily Mail, I hate to say it, but I do go to their website, this is because its the only “news” website which gets through the work firewall or doesnt require a subscription. I find reading some of the articles humerous and the comments even more, the thing that bugs me the most about the DM isnt the hate articles, its the propping up of Z list wannabees!

patriotpro
    Free Member

colp – Member
    Good evans!

😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Evans Cycles ditch the hate press.’ is closed to new replies.