Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Evans…
  • yetidave
    Free Member

…and not the clothing shop. How rubbish are they? Ordered a kids helmet on-line a few weeks ago. Wait a week nothing arrives. Phone them up, they say its been picked and will be sent tomorrow. Wait another week, nothing arrives. Call them up, yep, its been picked, defo send it out tomorrow. Wait almost another week, call them, to be told its not in stock. Order canceled in a fit of rage. How useless are they?

Went to my LBS, got one off the shelf, along with some good banter, why bother with on-line stores when they are cr@p. Very much going back to this shop in the future.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mr MC posting).

you wont have to look far with the search function to find threads bemoaning evans service. I went thru a similar experience after ordering a Joplin 3 seatpost which was shown as in stock. Fast forward ~3 weeks and I have an apologetic email from a customer services manager accepting all their errors, and a new joplin delivered within 36hrs from Chain Reaction cycles..

First experience with them and my last.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/evans-cycles-grrrrrrr

shortcut

Should have gone to lbs in the first place.

Much better the on line and galaxies better than Evans IMHO!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed.

Went to my LBS, got one off the shelf, along with some good banter

– Does that not tell you all you need to know?

yetidave
    Free Member

Indeed.

Went to my LBS, got one off the shelf, along with some good banter

– Does that not tell you all you need to know?

certainly learnt my lesson. Just trying to save yet another trip into town. oh well.

FuzzyWuzzy

Ordered a few things in their sale a few weeks back, got it all delivered in a couple of days. I prefer a ‘proper’ LBS to an Evans store but they do generally have a lot of stock and variety so I end up there when I need something same day and the other LBS don’t stock it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Evans…’ is closed to new replies.