Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • European car breakdown cover – Need for 1 month
  • yathers
    Free Member

As above, anyone know how/where to get the best price etc to get the european cover. Some quotes from Rac have been very pricey so far.

matt_outandabout

If you have a Ford, pay for a basic service at main dealer and get a years basic European breakdown.

I needed a service, they charged £120 for it and the cover included ‘free’.

Stoner
    Free Member

Just done this and found green flag best price/cover but then I needed new UK cover too. Ive used eta in the past for best price for one off but only up to 30 days and I needed 45 this time

sing1etrack

You might find an annual policy that you cancel on return works out better value – check the Ts&Cs for the cancellation charge before you buy.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Try your car insurance company if they offer breakdown cover. I’m with direct line and last year when partway through my insurance policy for that year I rang them up for cover for 2 weeks with green flag European cover and it was cheaper to get it for the remainder of the year.

nickdavies

Asda are the cheapest IIRC having just done this myself, if you want standalone cover. Aviva charged me a couple of quid less in the end but that was bundled in with the foreign use on the insurance.

spooky_b329

Check you can’t get this on a ‘premium’ bank account, £5 a month sort of thing. Or use it at least to get basic AA/RAC cover and then top up to European.

I’ve also used Autonational Rescue for domestic cover, competitive price and they may add European for a cost.

Matt_SS_xc

I’ve gone through eurobreakdown.com every year for last few years.
    Personally I wouldn’t go with a basic policy…. They often just take you to nearest garage.
    We had a problem last year and it was great to know they would take us to a main dealer, hotel, hire car, even take our camper back for us if we needed them to. We have just paid £83.00 for 6 weeks cover. Basic was about £50.00. No brainier in my opinion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘European car breakdown cover – Need for 1 month’ is closed to new replies.