Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • European breakdown cover: RAC / AA / Greenflag / A.N.other?
  • woffle
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of / can recommend European breakdown cover? We’re looking at going to France and with young kids it’s going to be a necessity. From looking at the various websites they all look like much of a muchness so any guidance much appreciated.

(I’ll always remember going camping with my parents and being the first car on a UK>France ferry. Hence we’d be the first off the other end. And of course my Dad leaves a light on in the car so we come to leave and discover a flat battery. Cue a ferry-load of cars tooting whilst we’re pushed off and down the ramp by giggling deck-hands. Oh, and then he managed to lock the only set of keys in the boot. The mechanic had to take the rear seats out and hacksaw a small hatch into the boot through the rear boot/seat wall…)

strike
    Free Member

AA all the way! Car broke down on an Autobahn (shot gearbox) 2 years back > AA sorted out a car for the holiday, a car back to calais, and at 11pm the other side, waiting at Dover, was an Enterprise rep waiting for us, with keys for the car home! 1 week later, the AA had the car brought back to my door, via lo-loader.

Best £40 I’ve EVER spent. The AA were fantastic.

dooosuk
    Free Member

ADAC – look them up. They are the German equivalent of the AA and for 80Euro’s a year you get cover in the UK and Europe with onward travel.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘European breakdown cover: RAC / AA / Greenflag / A.N.other?’ is closed to new replies.