Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • European Breakdown Cover
  • windydave13
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

This year (along with most of the folk from STW), i’m driving to the French Alps with the bikes rather than flying.

I’ve got everything sorted bar the “Breakdown Cover”.
    So far Kwik Fit seem the cheapest at £50 including european cover, but any experience on if they are good?

If not any suggestions on who are good?

Dave

sharkattack

I asked around a couple of years ago and found good reviews from Asda of all places. You can pay monthly as well so no big fee. It was good for us as we didn’t know how long we’d be away.

peachos
    Free Member

Axa assistance. Can’t fault em at all. A couple of years back they recovered us off the side of a French mway in the early hours to a local town, dropped at a garage for diagnosis, sorted a hire car so we could finish our journey when they realised it wasn’t gonna be fixed quickly kept hire car for the duration of trip, flew 4 of us plus bikes back to uk from Geneva, paid for taxis home from airport, repatriated car back to uk (for a small fee (£200) only coz it wasn’t really worth that much).

Reckon they spent at least £3k before repatriation.

I’d paid them £11 by this time (first month’s installment). Could’ve cancelled, but actually wanted to keep the cover for the rest of the year after all that!

edit: I think they provide services to a lot of companies such as Kwikfit, so worth checking that out!

antigee

Allianz? bit out of touch as living down under but used for a few years and call out response was good to excellent and more of the get you going rather than “no idea we need to stick it on the back”

http://www.eurobreakdown.com/

windydave13
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Axa is mid pack price wise at £66 and Allianz £72.50.

I’m a bit put off Kwik Fit as they make a point of only covering up to 1hr labour at the road side. I’ve not had chance to read the fulld etails of any of the policies yet, but Axa sound good

sharkattack

If Kwik Fit breakdown cover is anything like their garages I’d give them a wide berth. They want your money as long as it costs them as little as possible in effort.

I’m an existing AA customer and I just got an online quote to upgrade for euro cover for one month and it’s over 200 quid! Unbelievable.

steveh

QDOS were the folks I used last year. Didn’t claim abroad but now have their uk cover as well and used them the other week and service was very good.

andermt
    Free Member

The old AA 5-star Euro coverage was great and used to be about £100 for the year, but as I have the coverage with the car manufacturer nowadays I don’t need it.

If I didn’t have that I would use ADAC. They are the German AA and it’s a bit of a faf paying and applying for it, but the price is very good and they give full euro cover, including the UK (where the AA recover you).

When I had a clutch release bearing fail on my Lotus in Dijon a number of years ago the AA sent a proper flat bed to collect the car, once agreed the local garage couldn’t fix it, they sent a Taxi to collect me to take me to the Hire car company to pick up a car for the remainder of the trip. I dropped it off in Dover (they told me to do that but really think I should have left it in France LOL). They then supplied another car to get me home, which I dropped off with the Hire car company the following morning.

The Lotus arrived back in the UK about 1 week later.

konabunny
    Free Member

very useful thread for me thank you all

Stoner
    Free Member

I use these guys. Not had need to call on them, but the price is v good

Single-Trip European Breakdown Cover

BoardinBob

I was getting quotes of about £100 from the RAC, Green Flag etc for two weeks. I phoned my insurance company and they added on breakdown cover for the remaining 11 months of my policy, including European cover for £60 (the cover is via the RAC)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘European Breakdown Cover’ is closed to new replies.