Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • European Breakdown Cover
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Off to France for a couple of weeks at the end of August and I was looking at AA European Breakdown cover. Last year I think I paid about £60, but this year they're quoting over £100. My car is a '53, so not so new but fully serviced. I think I can get a bit of a discount 'cos I'm an AA member anyway, but it will still come out close to £100.

Anyone got any alternatives that they could recommend? We don't take the car abroad more than once a year, so we only need the single trip cover.

steveh

Have you thought about just buying cover for the first and last days of your trip? If you don't plan to travel much while you're there this might be a lot cheaper.

jon1973
    Free Member

Last year we travelled about 2000 miles over the two weeks and I think this year we'll probably do a bit more.

We're heading down South, camping on the way down for 6 days and then Eurocamp for a week, where we will be doing a lot of day trips I imagine, so the holiday is very much car based so I think we need the cover for the whole period unfortunately.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

We just got priced match by AA against Eurotunnel cover so try them and also the ferry companies that also offer.

lodious
    Free Member

I found even though I only wanted cover for two weeks, it was cheaper upgrade my car insurance to a better policy and get the annual breakdown cover thrown in than to pay for two weeks specific cover. Also, the most expensive policy did not charge a c.£20 fee for motoring in Europe (this is going back a few years though)

Starrman28
    Free Member

In my experience green flag was poor. Had a accident in france which wrote off my car. They were no help what so ever, i had to arrange everything which included getting all my family & camping gear home without a car. All they do is cover some of your costs to get home.:(

fingers202
    Free Member

used them: European Breakdown Cover for a recent trip, backed by AXA, cheaper than AA, RAC etc with good reviews. Didn't need to use them tho'

Conor
    Free Member

I use the green insurance company. About £60 for my old Skoda!!! Essential!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘European Breakdown Cover’ is closed to new replies.