Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • European Bike Parks
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Just been looking here http://www.worldbikeparks.com/locator and it has got me thinking I wouldn’t mind trying a few more bike parks in Europe.

Which ones have you been to and what did you think of it?

Ed

honourablegeorge

Possibly a less exotic location than you had in mind, but it’s a load of fun crammed onto a small hill, with fast uplifts (25-ish runs in a full day), run by a lovely family, there are burgers at lunchtime, and home-made cakes and coffee all day.

Home

andytherocketeer

Depends what you call a “Bikepark”
    Many are little more than a collection of waymarked trails that may or may not have bike-only features, others are more UK style in that there’s a trailhead cafe, maybe bikeshop+rental etc.

http://www.singltrekpodsmrkem.cz is the only one I’ve done that’s got an obvious trailhead etc., and you can see the UK trail building influence on it.

kayak23

Singletrekpodsmrkem as mentioned is brilliant. Not uplifted though. It’s more like a Coed Y Brenin or something.

Also in Czech, Spicak bikepark is really good.

I’ve been to the parks in Andorra – Really great…

Saalbach is awesome in Austria.

Beerfelden and Gieskopf in Germany are brill.
    Gieskopf particularly has a trail called the Flow trail which is about the most fun I’ve had on a bike.
    Flowy, jumpy smooth for ages and ages. So much fun.

Morzine, Les2Alpes and Alpe Duez are all great, and lots of lesser known ones too in France.

The Swiss ones are good. Morgins being a favourite.

Any in particular you were looking at?

andytherocketeer

just had a nose at that site.
    quite a bias towards gravity for the mainland EU ones, but more trail for the UK ones.

beerfelden is local to here. never been there.

kayak23

Beerfelden is very small and doesn’t have huge gradient. It’s fun though.
    It uses a drag lift which a dude hooks under your saddle and you get pulled up the hill. My mate crashed on it several times 😀

andytherocketeer

nice

I have pedals 😉

it’s only 100-150m high hill, which is not even as high as the first proper hill I come to when riding out of town.

andytherocketeer

Lots missing from that locator site.
    Stromberg is missing for sure (as is Pod Smrkem)

Samerberg bikepark I hear is sposed to be good.

For the German ones, google “Flowtrail”, and “Singletrail” is what they call “Singletrack”.

edit: and Kanin bikepark in Slovenia is not listed (but might no longer operate since the lift company went bust), and Maribor-Pohorje bike park IS listed, but I heard that lift company went bust too right at the end of this summer (no idea of the status of that – anyone know?)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘European Bike Parks’ is closed to new replies.