Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • euro to croatian kuna – whats my best option?
  • sadexpunk

got a load of euros left in cash from this years hols. will be going to croatia next year so looking at the most cost effective way of swapping.

paying euros into our bank will obviously cost some sort of exchange fee back to £.

if we ordered croatian kuna online we’d have to pay from our bank so the euro cash would be useless.

not sure if you can walk into a travel agents with a load of euro cash and transfer it, or whether they insist on it coming from a bank.

should i convert to £ and buy flights with it, or convert to kuna and have spends?

i know obviously the euros good against the £ now, but dont know which is better against the kuna. or even if that matters at all….

id appreciate a bit of advice from all you financial whizzkids please 🙂

tthew

Take the cash and do it when you’re there. I found, (at the end of a holiday 🙄 ) that the official post office gave the best rates.

Loved Croatia.

sadexpunk

that surprises me, i thought holiday destinations always gave the worst rates.

thanks

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What tthew said, we took a few bob in Kahoonas to tide us over the next day then swapped £’s for Kunas. Better rate for both £’s & Euro’s that way IIR.

Croatia’s great!

tthew

I thought holiday destinations always gave the worst rates.

Doesn’t seem to be the case in eastern European countries, particularly where they haven’t adopted the Euro, (admittedly I have fairly limited experience).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘euro to croatian kuna – whats my best option?’ is closed to new replies.