Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 2,247 total)
  • Euro 2016 begins!
  • imnotverygood

Well… We wanted Out.

DezB
    Free Member

I had to stop watching. I’ll stick to rugby in future. Even when there are big tournaments on.. it’s just too frustrating.

yossarian
    Free Member

This so bad it’s amusing.

Totally inept, disjointed, lacking in any kind of character.

ONLY GOOD when they play alongside and are coached by FOREIGNERS!!!

I hope for our sake we don’t scrape past Iceland. It’s been a pathetic tournament for England. We deserve to go home.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Has wilshere done any cross field passes? We’re bitterly disappointed. Somethig about the other team not playing and parking 11 men behind the ball. We’re tired, no energy, the heat and occasion got to us, long season etc blah blah blah
    Isnt one of iceland players a dentist..maybe we should have a referendum on who should stay in the team.
    And p45 for woy in the morning

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I still think England are going to nick a equaliser, so have cashed out my cheeky Iceland/Italy qualifying bet early.

Coyote
    Free Member

Because that’s what England managers do. They picks names first, formations second. They then try and cram the names into the chosen formation. Other, teams, rightfully, choose the best player for each position of a chosen formation.

Hence why Scholes was always out left so that the monumental egos of Lampard and Gerrard could be accommodated in the middle.

Maybe the FA need to look at an Australian coach…

jambalaya
    Free Member

We have absolutely nothing to offer – zip

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m shocked that people are surprised at engerlands mediocre performance. I mean what did you expect? No world class players, inability to either follow a game plan or think for themselves (let’s face it they are mostly a bit thick)
    Wouldn’t stand a chance against a top team like Germany/France/Italy.

If they miraculously scramble through this then it’s just delaying the inevitable of being outplayed and out thought. Running around like a headless chicken means you eventually hit a brick wall

binners

An equaliser? From where?

So as the commentary said ‘England are staring at an embarrassing result here’

Yeah… Not for the first time in the last week

rascal
    Free Member

If England grab a spawny goal equaliser all will be forgiven I’m sure.
    Roy doesn’t really have a clue does he…probably better if they did go out and get someone in who knows what he’s doing. How can Iceland be beating them when clearly your players are so much better on paper?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Should have been 3-1

PrinceJohn

Just to check…we’re all cheering on Iceland now, right?
    I will be against the French, tonight I’m just sitting here quietly disappointed.

I am cheering now on Iceland.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

An equaliser? From where?

Raheem?

Maybe they can sub him back on.

leffeboy

that smile there was great. Would have been an awesome goal

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Can everyone promise me they’ll put Radio 5Live on at the end of the game. I guarantee you it will be worth it for Chris Waddle.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Kane on set pieces….HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

jambalaya
    Free Member

Harry Kane free kicks 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

probably better if they did go out and get someone in who knows what he’s doing.

They’ve been saying that since their last decent manager, Bobby Robson.

fifeandy
    Free Member

@bongo, yes, i’ll grant you that pulling on an England shirt seems to instantly diminish any skill they may have had to begin with.

Don’t particularly blame Roy, he doesn’t really have a quality squad to work with. England should have won 2002 world cup, but team has been on a gradual downward spiral since then. Might be decades before a squad with potential to win tournaments comes around again.

binners

Anyone else getting that feeling of déjà vu?

As England once again skulk off home early after another utterly rubbish performance

hydrophil
    Free Member

I dont even like football but this is awful

PrinceJohn

Oddly I glanced at the last 16 earlier today & thought we’ve not had any shocks yet, you usually get on at this stage…

dumbbot
    Free Member

Papers are going to have a field day with the br*xit metaphors tomorrow, ..a daft little country that thinks it’s bigger and better than it actually is. Utterly clueless and hopeless, I’m embarrassed for yous.

bruneep

no I think its great

jambalaya
    Free Member

Iceland need to take a long hard look at themselves for not winning that by a bigger margin

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ha! England are shite.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

As England once again skulk off home early after another utterly rubbish performance

…this is why I don’t really care about England FC. They’ve let me down enough in the past to the point I can’t be bothered putting in any emotional investment.

Well done, Iceland.

rascal
    Free Member

Well done Iceland!
    England utter shite.

dannybgoode

Well that was shit!!

convert

Sweet 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

hahaha! 😆

binners

Well we are absolutely quids in!!! Mrs Binners stuck a fiver on 2-1 Iceland! 😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

On the plus point. I am £60 better up. Would have been £80, but bottled it towards the end. 🙂

How much you win, Binners?

Klunk
    Free Member

embarrassing crap

wrecker
    Free Member

…this is why I don’t really care about England FC. Let me down enough to not bother putting in any emotional investment.

Pretty much. I used to go to the pub with mates to watch the england games even though I’m generally not a football fan. None of us bother any more. I don’t know why anyone would be surprised at this result.

Stoner
    Free Member

Lulz

Still, at least England Rugby and cricket are in fine fettle though.

Russell96

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that they want a decent break for their summer hols before returning to training(work) so rather that go out in the group stages, go out in a plucky battle a stage or two later and then get that nice summer break. You only have to look at the number of silly yellow/red cards that come out in the run up to Xmas resulting in a three game ban over the Christmas break to realise it goes on.

corroded
    Free Member

We are truly the laughing stock of Europe 😆

rascal
    Free Member

Wales the only home nations team left in…bonkers (but brilliant!)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Here comes Chris Waddle….

Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 2,247 total)

The topic ‘Euro 2016 begins!’ is closed to new replies.